2 | I'm The Best

|Angel Roberts|

Now it's me and my time it's just me in my prime
Everything I tried to teach 'em they gone see it in time.
Tell them bitches get a stick, I'm done leading the blind.
~ Nicki Minaj

§

"Chy, being the new girl isn't so bad, is it?", Rain asked as we sat in her room listening to music on her royal purple beats pill.

Being the new girl really isn't bad at all, I'm just not feeling all the attention. My dad and I just moved from L.A. last week and I have just started to get adjusted to my new surroundings. I met Rain on my first day when I was lost in the halls, and she helped me find my way, realizing that we have majority of our classes together. Within this past week, she is really the only friend I have.

"It's not that bad, it's just people are always looking at me like they never seen a female before.", I said with a laugh.

"Bitches are going to hate and niggas are going to be jockin', simple.", she said while flipping her wavy brazilian weave over her shoulder.

"That's right too.", I said using a Rich Homie Quan quote.

My dad is a lawyer and he has taken up a job offer here for the better pay. We aren't sitting on money that we can just blow whenever, but I can't lie and say that I'm not fortunate.

"So, Rain, what's poppin' in the city tonight? Since school has been in, I haven't got a chance to actually hang in the city.", I said to her.

"I don't know exactly what's going on tonight, I'll ask Tyrike.", she responded.

Since I've been hanging with Rain, I've only met Tyrike once because he is always with his boys. Aside from his non stlp goofiness , he is laid back and I really like his vibes. I nodded my head and proceeded to text away on my iPhone 6S.

My social media sites have been flooding lately with many follow requests from people in this new city. Everyone seems to be really taking a liking to me, but I know all this shit is to good to be true. Niggas just want to use me for a quick fuck and bitches are just trying to vibe with me so they can be seen. Rain seem real as hell, and she can't be trying to use me because she got it better than I do. I love her vibes and I could definitely see us being friends for a long time, mainly because she slays these hoes, so we can just slay together.

"Bae.", Rain said into the phone.

"No, I just want to know what's poppin' tonight because my home girl new in town and she want to see the city."

"Text me the address."

"Alright bye baby, I love you too.", she kissed into the phone and then hung up.

"Well, Judy throwing a party tonight and everybody seem to be going. You don't have to dress formal, but you know, slay on a bitch.", she said while sticking her tongue out. I started laughing and nodded.

She got up and went to her closet, cutting the light on inside of it. Searching through her closet, she returned with some Forever 21, Rue 21 and Charlotte Russe bags.

"Help me conjure up an outfit?", she offered.

I reached into the bags and pulled the contents of them out and started pairing things together. Rain was a fairly pretty girl with an almond brown skin tone, nice figure, and really pretty eyes. She always wore natural looking make up and she dressed nice even on her worst days.