Chapter 5 ~ Tell him

"Good morning, dad. There's something we want to talk to you about. It's extremely important."

Soichiro tilted his head. "'Extremely important'? What is it? Have you gotten a new lead in the investigation?" He asked while Light shook his head. "Then what is it? Spit it out."

The brunette glanced over at the raven head and then back to his father. He wasn't entirely sure how he would take the news that L and himself were dating... He had a guess that Soichiro would be mad at first, but would quickly learn to accept him... But that's just an idea he had. There was no say in exactly how he would act. "Dad... Well... Ryuzaki and myself are... Dating." The teen said, a little quieter than he usually would, which showed a sign of nervousness.

Silence...  Pure silence came from Soichiro, accompanied with an expressionless facial expression. Though, soon he spoke up. "... What did you say?"

The brunette took a deep breath and stood up straight, to seem more confident. "I said, Ryuzaki and I are dating."

Again, a pure awkward silence came from Soichiro before he spoke. "... What do you mean by that? You and Ryuzaki are... dating?" He asked as Light nodded. Wow. No. Not wow. What the hell?! To him, it was pure sicking. It was disgraceful! Surely, Light had to be joking. Right?...

"Yes. Dating." Responded the teen, as he tried to figure out the older mans thought process.

"... What the hell..." The greying man said quietly before he raised his voice. "What the hell do you mean?! Two men... Dating?! Disgusting!"

At his words, Light could immediately tell that what he had originally thought would be his reaction, would most likely not be his reaction. The teen narrowed his eyes slightly at his father. "It is not disgusting." He stated firmly.

"Yes it is!" Soichiro snapped back immediately. "This needs to stop now. It is disgraceful to the family. Our family - and I never want him to be apart of it." He sneered bitterly as he glanced over at L before back to his own son, who in anger, took a step closer to Soichiro. Due to the chain that connected the pair, it accidentally tugged L out of the chair so he was now standing behind Light. "Let me guess, are the handcuffs some sort of kink?" Mocked the older man.

Clenching his fists, Light took another step towards Soichiro, clearly getting angrier. "Oh wait - or is it that your - 'boyfriend' - suspects you if being a mass murderer?" Before Light could react to what Soichiro had said, L stepped in between the two of them. "I think that's enough talk." He paused and turned to the Light's father. "With all due respect, but I'd prefer-" Though, he was interrupted when he was hit firmly across the face. He quickly held his cheek which was now stinging.

The teens eyes widened as he pulled the detective towards him and protectively, wrapping his arms around him. "What the hell, dad?!" Sneered Light to his father.

Though, Soichiro ignored Light's presence and talked bitterly directly to L. "That was your own fault. You should have expected it. My son should be dating a beautiful girl... Not a worthless scum like you. People like you deserve to die." He hissed and from then on, talking to the both of them. "I advice you both to break up. If you don't. You will regret it." And with that, Soichiro turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Once out, Light quickly turned to his partner. "Are you okay?" He asked, as he examined L's face, which was bright shade of red on one side.

"Yes... I'm fine..." He answered quietly as he looked away from Light.

The teen quickly pulled L into a hug once more. "I'm so sorry... I didn't realise he would react that way... I'm so - so sorry..." He whispered into Ls ear.

"It's fine..." L responded, though Soichiro's words echoed in his mind.

'Worthless scum'

A/N: HEY! Thank you so much for reading!! *^* I want to quickly clarify that I don't have the same views as Soichiro in this chapter (just to avoid any comments like that XD though, I don't think anyone thought that... But just to be sure!) I'd appreciate it if you favourited and commented! Thank you again! ❤️