Why Did I

I stared at the sleeping peaceful face of my friend. To simply say it, I was curious. I had to do this. I have no idea why I wanted to do this, but I wanted to. I wanted to see what would it look like if I just ran this knife through her chest.
Would she scream? Or would she stay silent? I have no idea. I had to see what would happen. Would the blood slowly go out of the wound? Or would it gush out fast like the movies? I wanted to find out.
I raised the knife over my head and prepared to drive it through the chest. I brought it down quickly.
I didn't let myself stab her. The knife barely touched her breast. What am I doing? Was I going to kill my friend? I was at a fight with myself. How would I feel if she died because of me? Died because I wanted to see what would happen if I murdered someone?
I gave this some thought. Plenty of people would miss her, though as much people would be glad she was gone. I wasn't sure if I would or wouldn't miss her. I just call her "friend" since she bugs me. Although, she is the only one that is kind of friendly with me.
I gave up and went to my room. I wanted rest. I gave the experiment some thought.

---

I woke up to my phone ringing. Caller ID shown it was my friend. I didn't feel anything about last night. I left my phone ringing and let it go straight to voicemail.
Only when it stopped ringing was when I piced it up. Her voice instantly pierced my ears but I still listened.
"Your sleeping aren't you? Well I went out to do some shopping with my friends and wanted to know what you need or want. I want to make our friendship stronger. So call when you wake up and bye."
So she wanted to extend our friendship? I was still curious of last night. I'm not sure if I would feel remorse or guilt. I'm not sure if I'd feel anything.
---
She came back to the apartment loaded with plastic bags full of useless things. I think I'd do the stabbing when she was awake so I'd at least get some answers on how it felt on being skewered.
She immediately started tapping on what she did or is going to do. I caught words like "call mother" and "try go to the shelter". To be honest, I wasn't listening. I didn't care. I was indifferent to the situation I was going to get myself into.
I excused myself from her presence to get the things I needed for the experiment. I went to the kitchen to grab the same knife I was going to stab her with last night and some other provisions needed. I grabbed a towel to stop the blood going onto the floor and showing stains. I also grabbed a rag to muffle her screaming.
I snuck into the room she was currently in. From what I inferred, she was talking to her mother. A decent woman. I got ready to stab her. I chose to let the knife go through her.
I decided to hit her at the lumbaric area of her spine. Straight on the spine.
I patiently waited for her mother to hang up as to not let her panic. Also, she only called her once a week.
I silently walked behind her right when she finished conversing. I held the rag in my left hand and the knife on my right. I did one swift movement to efficiently stab and quiet. I made sure to not kill her. I wanted answers to my questions.
The towel was quickly drenched in her blood. It was a little thick and definitely warm. She didn't scream. She silently fell onto the carpet. I turned her around gently.
"Wh....Wh...Why"she managed to speak out. I just stared into the dimming eyes that once were sparkling.
"Shhh. It'll be okay. There are monsters everywhere. I am helping you. You need not suffer pointless pains." I said to calm her down.  Her head lolled backward and her breathing stopped.
I felt nothing. I gave it some thought.
---
Now here I am. Sitting on my couch answering to police on where my neighbor was. I expertly disposed of her body so no one would find out. I still felt nothing. No one will find her body.

What is there to do now? I already had a taste for murder. I already had answered my own questions.
As I thought this, I had an epiphany. What will it be like to torture? I have to try it some time. I will give it some thought.

A/N:So I'm back. I had to write this. And I purposely made the narrator monotonous. Also I'm terribly sorry for not being on. I will update a story in approximately 2 weeks. I also will be more active. So see you when I'm done with my next script.