"They took Isis*! They took her! First, they try to steal my jewels, then they steal my cat! Hey! I'm the best thief in this town okay! They took my cat!" Selina huffed as she spun, her fingers tangled in her hair.

"I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, but there's been reported kidnappings of strays and pets all over the city. I think the animals are involved in some ways."

"We have to get her back! We have to get them back!"

"Well, unlike your friend Bruce Wayne," Jen scowled saying his name, as if she were being held at gun point to say it, "who up and went and had a business meeting with Daggett, I'm going to actually help you do something about this. I'm going to help you get Isis back."

Selina, in her anger and worry, was oblivious to her present friend's attitude about the absent, so she thanked her for her support.

"Thanks, Jen. But, I don't want you caught up with these people. I'm gonna go out tonight by myself and get to the bottom of things."

"Why wait? Hey! Nobody's ever seen the Batman in broad daylight."

"Jen?"

"Selina, at the end of the day, you're just another criminal. And he thwarts their plans and arrests them, and I'm sure that's what he's going to do with you. It's not like The Batman had returned your affections."

Selina pulled out her bottom lip and tilted her head in agreeing thought.

"So, you should go now, at least get a head start before the Batman comes and intervenes."

"Okay, I'm in. But where do we start?"

"Well, start at the pound, or follow their dispatched trucks. If Milo needs puppies for his mills, he's sure to have people working in places he can easily access the animals."

"Jen, you, are a genius!"

"I know! I've been called that before."

"A genius?"

"No, Jen!"

Both of them laughed for a minute before separating. Selina went to the balcony window, staring outside as plans formed in her mind. The sky was grey outside, just exactly how she was feeling inside. The morning's breeze had turned into a wind shower, the little planted trees bent in its direction while the trash flew down the streets below like tumble weed. Jen had gone to the closet to get Selina her night outfit, and her trusty accessory.

She brought it over to Selina and she ran a hand over the leather cloth, her pointy nail railing down the hidden zipper in the middle. She peeled off her clothes and stepped in to the leather outfit, it cuffed down to her wrists and her ankles, and her boots came up to just below her shins. The boots had soles with ridges, that helped with solid landings, especially if you were off the roof ledge by a hair, which didn't happen a lot to Selina. The long heels, yes, very, long heels had blades on them, which she could kick in to any opponent however high she chose to kick, and her range, was very high. The blades could also come off if she needed to hold them and throw them. You'd think that a girl in a leather jumpsuit couldn't do much, but by the time you'd reel in from the concussion, she'd have proved you wrong.

The black mask, was something borrowed. Fine, stolen, yeesh! When Selina was little, she once snuck into a ball, where she enjoyed the food, the gossip, the sight of the pretty twirling dresses, and the pretty, stolen things she had in her pocket. She was eating cheese on crackers when a lady spotted her. She didn't ask how Selina had gotten in, or called her out on being a thief. The lady had, though, noticed how out of place the little girl looked, even in her short black dress. So, she'd given Selina her black eye mask. It was soft, kind of velvety, and had an intricate design pressed into it. The mask had been big on Selina, but the lady had made it work. The lady had made Selina's day work. It had been the first day, and the only proper day, she felt like being a girl, and enjoying girl things. It was while Selina was dancing with the mask on that the lady got a call that her son was sick and she and her husband had left in haste, not even bothering to come back for the mask. And Selina kept the mask, slightly guilty that it was maybe theft, but she moved on from it.

Selina sighed in the mirror as she put on the black eye mask, which sat perfectly on her nose and surrounded her eyes. She set her hair behind her, patting her head down before she put on her goggles, which stuck out like pointy ears, completing her cat themed outfit. Selina strapped on her whip and opened the balcony doors in favor of the wind, which blew the salon doors bursting inward. Selina jumped onto the railing, and looking back at her friend one last time, swung out into the wind.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

I'm sorry, I know ISIS is a terrorist group, but it is also an Egyptian name for girls, and also the name of Selina's cat in Batman: The Animated Series.