"That'd be a no." A voice said behind me.

I turned to the door and smiled at Nate. "Everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. They're just... Debating really."

I sat cross legged on the floor and brought Jonas in to sit on my lap. "Finishing any time soon?"

"Probably twenty minutes." He sat beside me and tickled Jonas's side. The boy smiled at Nate and grabbed his finger. "You look good with him."

"The little monster's grown on me." I laughed. "I'm surprised he's awake though."

"Dhampir thing. He'll get used to his sleeping patterns when he gets older."

As if we'd muttered a command word, I felt his small body fall backward into me. I looked down and chuckled at his small sleeping form. "He's like the perfect baby."

"He is." Nate smirked. 

I wrapped my arms around him to support his neck and left him cradled within my crossed legs and arms. "So how are you? Any jobs yet?"

"Actually yes. You'll be happy to hear I've got a job helping that old bat at the library in your college for the new semester."

I smirked at the memories of us sitting in the library all those years ago. "That's perfect for you."

"It'll be quiet and I'll probably spend my days reading anyway."

"Will you change jobs in the future?"

"Maybe... I mean I could start taking classes."

"In what?" 

"Hm... I'm not sure."

"Come on Nate what do you love to do? What have you got a passion for?"

His grey eyes never wavered from mine before he shrugged. "Math was a strong point."

"What about history? You helped me with mine."

He shrugged again. "That was more Michael's thing."

"English? You're literate."

He rolled his eyes with a small smile. "I suppose."

"Look into English."

"Alright, only for you." 

I patted his cheek. "Good. Study in that library, Nate."

As I stroked my thumb over his rough cheek, I watched Michael step into the room. I sent him a small smile and dropped my hand onto my knee. "Nate was just telling me he'd accepted a job at SFU."

Michael's eyes searched Nathaniel's face for what seemed like forever before he turned back to me. He crossed his arms over his chest and said, "Oh yeah? What department?"

"The library." Nate answered before I could. He carefully took Jonas from my lap and stood. "I'll be seeing you around campus then."

Between the two of them, the tension rolled off Michael more and it bothered me. What could he possibly be thinking? Something stupid probably. I joined them both and stood beside Nate. "Is the mother's meeting over?

"Yeah. Celia's waiting for Nathaniel." Michael's gaze flickered over him. "So goodnight."

I lightly shook my head at them both and brushed past Mike to say goodbye to the others. I smacked Nick on the back of his blonde head after noticing the empty pizza box. He only winked at me and followed the rest of them out. 

After shutting the door and locking it, I made my way into the living room realising we hadn't technically eaten. Not that he had to anyway, but hell I did. And I was still starving.