The Fire

"Children, I'm afraid I have to inform you of an unfortunate event."

Those were the last words before we became the Baudelaire children to the Baudelaire orphans.

"Your parents have perished in a fire that has unexpectedly also destroyed your home. Your new guardian is Count Olaf."

"But we don't know a Count Olaf."

Violet questioned back.

"He is related to you and your parent's wishes were for you to go to a relative, and the Count is the closet relative."

"Obery."

Sunny said reassuringly to her siblings. Which something of the lines of "Well, it might not be that bad." To Sunny's dismay, she was wrong. But the youngest Baudelaire didn't know what dangers laid ahead.

We silently followed Mr. Poe into the car and off we drove to Count Olaf's house.

-Time Skip to Arriving-

We arrived at Olaf's house. It was red with lovely flowers. We see a women tending the garden.

"Hello, my name is Klaus Baudelaire."

I tell the women. She looks up and smiles.

"I heard Olaf was going to adopt some Baudelaires. My name is Justice Strauss."

 "Are you married to the Count?"

I ask. She giggles and replies,

"I wish! No, I'm his neighbor and if you need anything, you can always talk to me. He lives there."

She tells us and points to house next to hers. It is the complete opposite of her house. Dead crass, gray house, and a sinister figure coming out of the window. Then the figure disappeared. A shivering chill went up my spine and I wanted to run away, until Violet went up to the door and knocked once. The door immediately opened, as if they were there waiting for the eldest Baudelaire to knock.

"Welcome Baudelaires! Would you like to stay for tea?"

The Count asked the coughing banker.

"No thank you, I got to leave, very busy today."

The man ushered the children in and Klaus was then  face to face with the most prettiest face he's ever seen.