Chapter seven.

Chapter seven.

A little after fourth period; I was walking down the hall to my locker. I felt a little stared at; then I noticed I had a smile on my face, I quickly wiped that off. It seems my dad has made life so much better for me. Then as I reached my locker, I started to pack it with my books. After putting my last book in, I felt a tap on the shoulder. I turned my attention to whoever was tapping me; there I saw, Harley.

“Hey.”  She said and my smile continued.

“Hey. I’ve been looking for you.” She reached up and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ve been looking for you too; I need to talk to you about something.” She said and took my hand. She led me to a little corner where it was somewhat quiet.

“So what did you want to talk about way over here?” I raised my eyebrows at her with a smirk.

“Okay.. Are we a couple? Or what?” My face turned a little worried as I answered, “I want to be.”

“Okay.” She ended like nothing was wrong. “Then we should be going on a date soon. And somebody hasn’t asked me out yet.” I just nodded my head like an idiot, and she gave me a look like I was stupid. “Jack!”

“What?” I began to think for a moment or so, “Ohhh! Will you go on a date with me?” I ended with a puppy face,“… Sweetie?”

“Yes. Now when? How about after school?”

“Can’t, I’m hanging out with my dad. Maybe sometime tonight?”

“Around six?”

“Sounds like a date.” I said just as the bell started to ring.

“I got to head off to class.” She gave me a kiss, and went to class. “Welp, I’ve got a date!” It finally hit me.

“I’ve got a date?!”  A date?! I’ve never even hung out with a girl before! I’ll make myself look stupid if I’m not careful. As I thought in nervousness I felt stared at again. Then I went on to class. Then I was pulled by the back of my shoulder, it was a guy hand, along with the voice.

“Hey, buddy.” I turned my attention to him.

“Eddie? You go to school here?” Eddie? What in the world is he doing here?!

“I switched schools. I thought ‘hey, why not go to school with someone you like.’ Everyone one at my old school is boring, and there’s a lot of cute girls here too. Plus, gives us a chance to hang out more.”

“Oh. Great.” Eddie might be a freak, but at least he likes me, and he’s not following me around.

“So when’s the next time you’ll be at the fighting club?” He asked walking to class with me.

“Umm.. probably tomorrow night. You’ll be there too?”

“Heck yeah! Wouldn’t miss it for the world, especially with my best bud going too.” “He must not have many friends, but neither do I- so looks like we’re ‘best buds.’”

“Guess we should get to class.” He said, and followed me into MY class room.

“Hey looks like we signed up for the same classes!” “What a nerd.” I thought to myself with a chuckle.

I got through the rest of school without freaking out over having a date. So I went outside and waited on my dad to pick me up. He pulled up right beside me, and I got into the car.

“Hiya, son.” I smiled and answered,

“Hey dad.”

“Sit back and relax. I’m taking you to where my father always took me.” Then we drove about ten miles down an old ally, and we crossed this old bridge. And then we came to this very large house, with about fifteen acres of land.