- Becoming vp

So I've had this idea for quite a few years now and I did have it up originally but deleted it and thought i would rewrite it.
-

The click click echoed through the White marbled hall and felt long and graceful with each step I took. My breath came out ragged and I pulled at a hangnail (which I hadn't fixed despite calling my nail tech twice). As soon as I reached the door 'ceo' I stopped and took one final breath. Well this is it, I thought. Make it or break it. Fight of flight.. Maybe not the last one actually. I pressed my eyes shut and tried to compose myself as I tapped my knuckle lightly on the glossy mahogany door.
'... Come in' replied a lazy voice and I pushed the door with all my might.
You might have thought a child lived in this room, the way it was presented. Magazines scattered everywhere, buckets of lipsticks and lip liners shoved between anything and everything and most of all- the woman who sat at her desk drinking a cup of coffee and staring at her computer screen who appeared ignorant to the mess that surrounded her prim self.
I felt a cough race up my throat and tried to keep it down but failed, was it dusty here?
'Oh Jennifer.. I'm glad you're here' the woman said, not looking very glad at all if I may add
'Hi Alexandra, I was told by Stacey to come see you today' I spoke, praying that she remembered internally.
Alexandra tapped at her white keyboard with her manicured fingernails and then stopped
'Of course... The vp job'
She tapped her monitor off and ushered me to sit down, I graciously took her offer and propped myself on a stool she had.. It was t much comfortable either to be honest.
Alexandra gathered some papers and pulled a notebook out.
'Yes so I had a little chat with Martin and I'm pleased to tell you that you are our new vp of lit cosmetics'
I felt the colour flood into my cheeks and I blinked
'Is this for real?' I said dumbly and Alexandra ignored me
'Yes congratulations, your interview was outstanding and I'm really interested in your liquid lipstick idea'
I beamed from be inside, trying to contain myself.
Going from a reception to vp wasn't something that just happened overnight- it had tool months of pleasing and plea the heads of the company but this was it. The fruit I had sowed. Finally. I was it.
-
Hope you liked the first chapter/prologue, i know it's short but longer chapters are coming :)