Secrets (short story)

Author's note: This is a short story I'm writing to vent about something before I do something rash.

She did what?!?!? I couldn't believe my ears, or more specifically my eyes, as I read the text message from Nicole.

The funny thing is I KNEW it was coming. Of course Katie wasn't going to listen! She'd rather be difficult and hurt herself while doing it.

Joseph would, more than likely, do the same thing to her he's done to me and God knows how many other helpless victims.

He doesn't love her anymore than Spencer or Taylor did. I know how is he, but, NO, she knows my own friend, at least used to be, better than I do after she only knew him for a few months.

He might be able to charm her, but I'm done with his bull.

Katie doesn't know that I know about "them" yet. I want to ride it out, see how long she keeps it from me and lies. (You know, omitting is as good as lying.) But then again I want to let her know.

With Joseph, it's different. He deserves a taste of his own medicine after everything.

I've thought about it over and over again, and I can't decide what to do. Maybe I should just wash my hands of the situation. But then again he looks so sad sometimes, I just want to, almost, forgive and forget, and tell him everything's fine.

She's my cousin, but maybe she should just be happy now. I just thought to care about the long-term effects.

I want to forgive him, but it's soooooo hard to do it again.

I guess I'll do the Jesus thing here, the right thing.

I'll talk to her first, then I'll tell him how I feel and try to build a new honest relationship with both of them.