thirteen

"It's been so long" my mum says as I open the door for them as they had just flown in from Alaska.

"And who's fault is that" I say making her laugh as she walks past me and my dad comes in after her holding most of the bags they brung.

"I would blame it on your wife but anyway" my mum says with a laugh trying to make it seem like a joke when we all knew it wasn't.

"Hi" Amelia says as she starts walking down the stairs and I smile at her knowing there's not one coming from my parents.

"Great, here are my bags my hands are sore" my mum says throwing her bags at Amelia as she nearly falls from the weight of them.

"So I guess I'll put them away for you" Amelia mumbles as she heads back up the stairs.

"Do you really have to be so tough?" I question my mum as I follow her as she continues walking through my house.

"I know a gold digger when I see one, it's a pity you haven't figured it out yet" she says with a pout as I roll my eyes.

"I haven't seen you in years so can you stop focusing on her and actually on your son who is happy to see you and I wish it went both ways" I say as my mum stops walking and turns around with a smile.

"As long as we have a nice dinner tonight" she says before pushing past me, it was nearly ten o'clock so cooking a nice meal was defiantly out of the question.

I quickly show mum and dad to there room and meet up with Amelia as she was in one of the spare rooms playing around with Bacon.

"You wanna order pizza?" I question leaning against the door frame as she looks up at me with a smile.

"You know me so well" she says making me laugh.

"Ham and pineapple right?" I question knowing it was her favourite.

"Wow it's like you can read my mind" she says making me shake my head, she was really trying to sound better than she did last night and she seemed a lot happier.

--------

"Mum, dad dinners ready" I yell as Amelia sits at the dining table already grabbing some slices of pizza from the boxes we had placed on the table.

"Great I'm starving" mum says as she comes down the stairs looking down at the food we had got and her face changes straight away "and pizza is not going to solve that"

"Mum it's our house you can not prove what we have dinner" I say making her roll her eyes as she sits opposite Amelia as she disgustingly grabs some slices of pizza.

Whilst my dad just sits down without hesitation and grabs as many slices that will fit on his plate.

How my mum and dad ended up together I will never know.

"So is this your way of showing that your not a gold digger?" Mum says making me groan as Amelia sees unaffected obviously not realising the question was directed to her but looked up when she felt everyone's eyes on her.

"What?" She questions looking around at all of us, she must have been really out of it before or heard it and didn't want to respond.

"Well we could have gone out for dinner or anything, so I'm guessing you pressured Derek into get pizza so it looks like your not using him for his money" my mum says putting her slice of pizza down.

"Actually it was my idea" I say interrupting not wanting Amelia to take the blame for this.

"I think she can talk for herself" my mum says with an eye roll as I scoff at her attitude.

"Can't you seriously just be happy about seeing your son" I say.

"Well I disagree with your choices so I'm not going to try and tell you that"

"Your not telling me your abusing her every chance you get and it seriously is boring mum" I scoff putting my pizza down no longer having an appetite.

"Don't come to me crying when everything blows up in your face and she steals all your money"

-------

vote, comment, share