Trying!

Paris...

To this day we still have no clue as to why Marco was killed or who did it. His mom flew him back to Houston where she was living and had a private family service and then he was cremated. Sad to say that night on the ground was my last sight of him.

Everyday after his death got worse for me, I started using drugs with Dre so much til I lost my job, because I couldn't function right. I tried to bandage all my pain with drugs and only ended up making things worse for myself.

I stayed so doped up to the point I didn't even realize Dre was robbing me blind.

Somehow he got my phone and saw the last message where Marco told me about his safe. He took everything that was in the safe leaving me a measly 300 dollars and laughed at me as if this was his plan all along.

Eventually all the utilities in the house was cut off, that and the constant haunting of all my deceased loved ones drove me away from that house. And I've never been back.

I had a few places to go to get off the streets and off drugs but its like it all had a hold on me.

Four months ago I found out that my childhood friend Tara was back, and she's been trying her best to get me off drugs and out the streets, but just like everything else it was a fail.

Out here I don't see dead people. Being high and checked out of life finally gave me the relief I had been looking for, for so long.

But I'm finally tired its been almost two years of me out here on the streets and I'm ready to get better.

Tara and her boyfriend put me up in this hotel room and I've been looking for a center to help me shake my drug habit.

I found a place that I think will work for me, and I have an appointment tomorrow and I guess I'll go see my granny after my appointment. I took a good nice and hot bath ate some soup then I went to bed..
____

*Next Day*

"Hi, um my name is Paris Morgan I have an appointment with Dr. Rossi at 11."

"She'll be right with you, have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

"Thank you, and no I'm fine."

I took a seat picking up a magazine to skim through as I waited.

"Good morning Ms. Morgan I'm Dr. Rossi you can come on back."

I followed the lady back to her office and took a seat where she told me to.

"So... It says here that you have an addiction to cocaine and that you've been out on the streets homeless for a while now, almost two years."

"Yes ma'am."

"Give me a little background so I can get some idea of what kinda help you'll be needing."

I gave her the run down and surprisedly I wasn't in tears at the end. We talked long and thoroughly,and we collectively decided this program was for me.

It wasn't that I need help to quit,because its been a month and two weeks since I've done any type of drugs.. I just needed help maintaining my sobriety and talking through my problems and anxiety.

I'll be meeting with her twice a week and doing private NA meetings with her.

I didn't know she would be so helpful especially with me not having any money to pay for this.... I guess there still are still some good people in this world.

I was now on my way to my granny's house to see what she wanted. I didn't go there often but I thought I would let her see that I am at least trying to do better.