Chapter 6: Not What He Seems

A/N: Hey! I'm back with another chapter! I know that I took a while to update, but it's because I was gonna go one way in this chapter, and decided to just delete part of it and start over. Ah, I sure do love the fresh taste of indecisiveness. :)

Also, like always, the picture (aka the doodles) above are drawn by yours truly, Mango~

A burning scent filled my senses. It stung my nose, and a searing warmth embraced my body. My eyes darted open. I sat up quickly, fear stricken into my face. I wasn't in the Mystery Shack, and instead, I found myself in the middle of town. Fire engulfed some of the buildings, and smoke billowed into the sky. I swung my head around in distress, looking for any living being. To my dismay, I was alone.

A large orb was chained in between two of the cliff sides, and I immediately recognized the symbol on it from one of Mabel's sweaters. It radiated a threatening aura, and I stared at it in complete shock. Screaming echoed in the distance, and when my eyes shifted to the sky, I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.

A large black pyramid hovered in the sky, debris orbiting around it like planets. A giant tear in the atmosphere stretched before my eyes, a swirl of vivid colors thrashing around inside. A shrill laughter rang through the air, and disbelief encased me as I recognized it. Bill. Realization struck me and I clenched my fists as I stared at the ground. They told me that he started an apocalypse. I knew that, and I was trying to let it go. But this... this was so much worse than I thought.

He was so much worse than I thought!

I jumped up in my bed, screaming. Sweat clung to my trembling body as Dipper and Mabel both bolted up from their own beds. They quickly rushed to my aid as I gripped my hair in fear. "(Y/N), what happened?!"

"Are you okay?!"

"What's going on?!"

Their worried voices brought me back to reality as I stared at them. It was a dream. It's not real. I scooped them both in an embrace, tears stinging my eyes. "I am so confused." Dipper deadpanned, and I rubbed my eyes, letting them go. "I-I had a really bad ni-nightmare..." I mustered out, slightly embarrassed. They sat patiently in front of me, and I did my best to explain what I saw in my dream. Just as I had feared, they knew exactly what I was talking about. "What you just described was Weirdmaggedon." Dipper confirmed, and Mabel nodded in agreement, " I don't know how you were able to see it since you weren't here last year, but... you got it dead on."

I sat on my bed, incredibly uncomfortable, my sweat still clinging to my skin. Part of me wanted to be scooped up in Bill's caring embrace and forget this all happened, but now I'd seen it. I saw the destruction he had caused; the lives he had destroyed. Was I wrong about him? Is our friendship truly just a trap to manipulate me? Just the day before we had such a great time. Not to mention how we just layed in my bed and stared into each other's eyes. It sounds corny now, but it meant something to me. I... I had truly believed that I was falling for him. And then a realization struck me.

He had to be planning something. If I had a dream like that, then it must've been a sign; a warning. So many thoughts plagued my mind, and I knew that I'd have to think of a plan myself. I still didn't need the twins to know of his return, so I'd have to do this alone. The only problem would be trying to trick the demon. Bill was smart, and with my luck, he might even know how to read minds. I'd have to do a lot of preparing, but for now, I would need to just play it cool.

As great as an idea it sounded, I immediately knew in my heart that I couldn't hurt Bill. I knew that he was most likely using me, but I was even more aware of the feelings I had caught. It was so much pressure at once, but even I couldn't forget the screams of agony from my dream.