The Zombie Chronicles

Date: August 6th 2013

The Outbreak started four days ago. Me my sister and my dad are on vacation in Texas. We heard about the dead rising when we stopped in St. Louis. We pushed south in an attempt to outrun it. So far it has worked. We stopped at my grandmas in Ciblio Texas and arrived in Corpis Criste today. I started this journal for two reasons. To keep my self entertained throught this and to keep my sanity.

This place we're staying at is safe for now. I would say where but we can't support many more refugees. The dead have crept down south all day. Their advance is all that's been on the news. The horror... I only hope we get out of here before they reach the coast. There is word of a boat that is coming soon to evacuate people from the south to the north up the Mississippi river. The dead haven't been able to make it too far north.

This place is beautiful. The are small hill/dunes just to the east of our camp. Just over that you can hear the ocean. The breeze is constant but welcome, even if it gives everything a dampness that is hard to ignore. The sun was clear earlier but now the stars are out. This sort of magisty will no doubt be scarce in the coming months so I will enjoy it while I can.

My dad keeps watch while me and my sister sleep. But it's hard to sleep when you know the terror that's heading your way.

Tomorrow we will try and enjoy ourselves at the beach before we have to leave for the north.