Numbed by reality

***

They laugh and mock as you cry,

but you cry because of their laughter

***

Some people sacrifice today's joys for tomorrow's future, in hopes of a bigger, brighter joy, but, you can only ever physically live in the present.

Or try to chase the future,

but the future, just like life, runs on with, or without you, never looking back or letting you catch up. Eventually, being only human, you want to stop, slow down, take a break. And that's okay, because you're not stopping anyone from going on. But when breaks over, and you decide to come back...

There's no one to come back to.

And it just seems so much easier to just quit and cry.

Because sometimes, in a world full of people 99.99% like you, that 0.01% can still set you apart and push you away. And it leaves us cold, lonely, and numb. 

And as you curl yourself in a ball, in hopes of warmth...You ask yourself if it's all really worth it.

***

They tell you you're weird. 

But the irony is...there's no such thing as normal.

***

You wonder why I don't join into your laughter.

I wonder how it isn't obvious I don't find it funny.

You wonder why I don't want to be touched.

I wonder how it isn't obvious Im not like you.

You wonder why I don't smile

I wonder how you can't tell it's because you make me cry.

---

Listen to the song? >>

Thx for reading