Chapter Fifteen: New Encounters

En başından başla

“Let’s go for a walk,” Reese suggested and I bounded off my chair and ran up the stairs and into my bedroom. I quickly changed into a pair of dark blue jean shorts and a purple tank top with a light blue one on top. I pulled my red hair from the elastic rubber band that was holding my red hair on top of my head. My naturally wavy hair cascaded down my shoulders and rested right above my bra clasp.

I slipped a pair of white Puma tennis shoes on before heading back downstairs where Reese was leaning against the wall at the bottom of the staircase. “Hey gorgeous,” he greeted me with a kiss and he wrapped me in a hug.

I inhaled his scent deeply. It was a calming agent for me. I liked it. I couldn’t quite put a finger on what it smelt like, but it was unique and different. “Ready?” I nodded against his chest. He pulled away and took my hand into his.

He opened the door, locking it behind us, then lead me down the street. The sun was already setting and so the sky was set in beautiful shades of pinks, purples, and blues. It was almost romantic in a way.

Okay… maybe it was romantic. We had just made up from a fight and now we were taking a romantic stroll and heading towards the park. But normally when people made up from fights, didn’t they have sex? Hah, but I guess I could live with this romantic walk.

“What are you thinking about,” Reese asked me. I had not even realized we had stopped walking.

“I was just thinking about how romantic this walk was,” I told him honestly.

He chuckled.

“What,” I demanded.

“Nothing…” I gave him a stern look.

“Fine,” he groaned. “If this walk was so romantic, then how come you completely spaced out while I was talking to you?”

I grinned sheepishly. “Sorry, I was lost in thought…” He pulled my body towards him and pressed his lips ever so gently down onto mine. It was a sweet kiss and it lasted for several short seconds.

That one small kiss left me breathless.

The sun had set even farther behind the horizon and a huge white full moon was rising behind us. We finally reached the park and the moon was steadily rising. The full moon lit the park up. It was almost eerie.

The merry-go-round was sitting under the sky basking in the sunlight. The rustiness on it was making the park seem deserted. Made it seemed vacant. The swings were on the other side of the park. The wind blew gently causing the swings to rock back and forth and when they moved they gave off a creaking sound.

I clenched my jaw, my whole body tensing as the merry-go-round made a sound that sounded like a howl. “It’s okay, we can go if you like,” Reese whispered in my ear. I shook my head in disagreement. “No, it’s okay.”

We walked over to the swings and he pushed me so that I was swinging. He pushed me harder and I kept going higher and higher. I gulped. “ReeEEEESSEEEe!!” I screamed. “THIS IS HIGH ENOOOUUGHH!”

I heard him cackling down below me on the ground. I gripped the chains hard enough for my knuckles to start turning to a ghastly white and I squeezed my eyes super tight. My whole body was tight and rigid.

“Sunshine, you can let go now,” a warm breath whispered into my ear. I gulped down air and finally opened my eyes. I had came to a stop. I jumped out of the swing, turned around, and punched Reese as hard as I could on the shoulder. “Ow,” I grimaced. I think that hurt me more than it hurt him.

Reese was doubling over in laughter. To him, I guess that was the funniest thing in the world. “You’re a jerk.”

“Baabe,” he whined. “I’m sorry.”

I began walking away like I was mad at him, but in reality I wasn’t mad at him at all. In fact, I was doing my best not to laugh. Reese caught up to me and spun me around and crashed his lips down onto mine. “Forgive me,” he asked, his lips brushing against mine.

I nodded before kissing him back.

A howling of laughter echoed through the park and we whipped around and there was a group of three guys heading in our direction.

“Don’t we feel special. We are in the presence of royalty.” The guy who I assumed to be the leader spoke up. He was about six feet tall. He had shaggy blond hair and bright violet eyes. The boy to his right was a tad bit shorter with short brown hair with matching brown eyes and the boy to the left was about the same height as the boy on the right. Boy on the left had brown hair with blue eyes.

“What do we owe the pleasure of being graced with your presence?”

I felt Reese tense up next to me. “Knock it off guys,” I heard Reese say before stepping in front of me. “Or what,” the leader asked.

“Nicolai… I’m being serious. Leave now… You aren’t even supposed to be here.” I had never heard Reese’s voice so cold or so menacing.

“Reese,” I whispered tugging on the back of his shirt. “Who are they?”

“Well Madame, I am Nicolai Castroff at your service.” He gave a deep bow towards me and I had not realized but Nicolai had a british accent and I couldn’t help it- I found it very sexy!

“This right here is Andrew and Derek.” He motioned to the boy on the right then his left.

“Resorting to humans… disgusting.” I could have sworn that is what one guy said, but that would be impossible. I guess I was just getting sleepy and my ears were playing tricks on me.

“Leave… now.”

The guys bowed ever so slightly before turning on their heel. “Oh, well be hanging around for awhile. It was very nice meeting you.”

Something about those three guys seemed off… and I was determined to find out what it was.