Chapter Five - Feelings are substantial

Start from the beginning

"Great."

My mother started doing my face. She was so focused on getting all my eyelashes with mascara and doing my eyeliner perfect.

"You can open them now."

"Why do I look so pale?" I asked as I stared at my reflection.

"What? You don't like it?"

"I do. I just look a little whiter than usual, that's all."

My mother told me to behave when I get downstairs. I was meeting a very important man. And that's all she told me. To be honest, I was just going with the flow. I could figure out an escape whenever I'm away from my parents.

I saw my father speak to a man who was taller than him and my father was pretty tall enough. The man was in a black suit white his obsidian black hair rolled back. He smoked a cigar. Something that resembled my father's ways. He looked like a proper gentleman and I didn't like him already for no reason.

"Ah, my daughter!" My dad said stretching his arms out for me. I came towards him with a subtle smile.

"Cain, this is my daughter Angelica." He introduced me to the man who smiled at me. "Angelica, meet Cain."

"Nice to meet you." I said doing a little bow and reaching out a hand. My mother told me to be a 'proper lady'.

"My pleasure." He said kissing the back of my hand with a chaste.

"I'll leave you two alone." My dad said rubbing my back.

I was having weird vibes from him. He continued to smile at me with those perfect while teeth.

"Let's sit." He said.

I sat across from him, the coffee table separating us.

"You're very beautiful." He said.

"Thank you."

"You might not recognize me, but we've met before."

"Hmm. I didn't know that."

"Yes, you were still a child when your father and I made the deal."

"I'm sorry, what deal?"

"The deal that you'd marry me, of course."

Now, how could I not hate my father even more. He made a deal to that I marry this guy? I really have no choice in life."

"I didn't know about this." I said truthfully.

"I'm here to take you home with me."

"Um wow. I'm sorry, this is all so surprising. I have a boyfriend."

I could see his eyes change a bit.

"I guess that doesn't matter since we're engaged."

I stifled a laugh, "It does matter because he's my soulmate."

"Excuse me for a moment." He said getting up.

I was not seriously about to marry this guy. Screw him. He seems way too old for my liking.

My dad entered the room alone with pissed look on his face.

"Why did you tell him you have a soulmate?"

"Because I do. Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because I know you would've killed yourself or ran away with Logan."

True. I would've killed myself if I hadn't found Logan to run away with.

"You are going to marry this guy and you'll be the perfect wife that he wants."

"He scares me." I said honestly.

"He scares everyone, but he won't hurt you. Now, when you comes back here, you apologize and then you agree with anything that he says about this marriage. He's going to take you away, so be good." My dad said then left.

"That's all? You're just going to let him take me?"

"You don't know what you're dealing with here. He is a powerful man. If you even say no to him today, he'll come back here with an army."

"I guess it never occurs to you on how I feel on things."

"This is not about what you feel or want about him, this is about saving the werewolf community from another war."

"Right. I'm the white wolf who has to save everyone."

His eyes went wide. Yeah, mom had the balls to tell me shit.

My dad left and in a matter of seconds, Cain entered. He sat in front of me.

"I'm sorry for what I said." I told him.

"You have nothing to apologize for. A woman with such beauty like you is guaranteed to have men falling for her." This guy was like Shakespeare, but in a sappy version.

I smiled.

"So I take it that you agree about the marriage?"

"Yes, I'd be glad to be married to you." In such a young age! "I guess the laws don't apply to us."

"Human laws, no, vampire laws, yes."

Did he just say vampire laws?

Stammering, "You're a vampire?"

"I thought you knew?"

"No, I don't. I guess there's a lot of us to know from each other."