Dara flew quietly and cautiously, landing on a tree branch he shuffled down the tree until he could see the creatures closer, his caution was justified. Last time he had gotten to close to the Daygon they had fired at him.

The same female Daygon led her two companions who flanked Dafne on her smaller grey horse, plus another Daygon who trotted next to her who had not come with the others the last time.

Dara shivered a little in alarm.

Marcie calmed him and send him a questioning thought which he understood.

Taking to the air again, he flapped his wings hard until he was so high the forest stretched below him for as far as his eyes could see. To the south she saw a clearing with a large body of water, she assumed it to be the village and Dara confirmed it to be so.

The Daygon were not far, given their speed they would be within sight of the village in a few short hours.

Marcie snapped back into her body, ignoring the shirts she ran out of the shop hearing Miss maiden call out her name.

She ran straight to the Hall, only slowing as she came within sight of it. She caught her breath and scrambled for an excuse to tell Roor how she knew Dafne was returning.

She had thought of one when she saw Kena come out of the Hall and spot her.

She stopped dead, her eyes went wide and she backed away and then scurried off in the opposite direction to the one she clearly wanted to go.

Marcie ignored this and went through the great door to the Hall and knocked on Roor's office door.

She took the quiet grunt to be an acknowledgement and went in.

When Roor looked up he leaped to his feet in surprise, and a little fear.

Marcie stilled, Roor had never reacted to her like this,

"What is wrong?" she asked quizzically, her hand still on the door handle,

Roor stared at her for a long while before breathing out slowly and lowering himself into his chair,

Shaking his head, "Nothing" he said gruffly, "Nothing is wrong"

He coughed, still staring at her, "How can I help you No Ones Bride?"he asked

It was hard for Marcie not to squirm under his stare, she straightened her spine and said,

"A Daygon came across me in the forest and told me what the rest of his party would be ascending on the village soon, with Dafne"

The lie slipped out so easily she was surprised it did not get stuck in her throat, she disliked untruths but managed to keep her gaze even and held Roor's.

"A Daygon" he said slowly, "Came to you to tell you more of them were coming here?" he said, his voice disbelieving,

"He said they were escorting Dafne back to us" she said,

"I see" was all he said,

"I thought I should warn you" she added after he made no move to act upon the information,

"So that you could warn the villagers, prepare them"

"Yes of course" Roor said, he raised his voice "Armin!"

And his youngest son Armin entered from a hidden side room,

"Start knocking on doors son, tell them Dafne is returned to us" Roor told him,

"And tell the outsiders to make themselves scarce" Marcie added,

The boy looked to his father who hesitated then nodded, and he ran off.