He never knew she went to this school, but then again, he never really gave a shit about anyone in this school.

     "Scott?"

     "Huh?"

     "Ever so intelligent," Camille says, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms, "but hi."

     Scott doesn't understand Camille at all, and he's only known her for two days. One second, she's shy and cute, and the next second, she's all cool and confident. Either way, he likes Camille West and her personality. It's refreshing to experience.

     "Hey," he nods, pulling out an apple from his bag, "I didn't know you go to this school."

     Camille shrugs, "Tons of people go to this school, so I'm not surprised. I mean, I didn't know until now."

     He takes a bite out of his apple, chewing and nodding along as she speaks, "True."

     "Is that all you're having for lunch?"

     This time, Scott shrugs, "Yeah. Didn't pack much, never do."

     "Would you like to join me and my friends for lunch?" Camille casually asks, leaning against the locker next to his, "We're thinking about going to Grand Café."

     Scott hesitates, not really sure if he wants to be seen hanging out with these girls, especially since he's some punk kid and needs to hold up his reputation. Then, he mentally slaps himself for hesitating for three reasons. One, he shouldn't be some sexist asshole who can't be seen around girls. Two, Scott made Camille hang out with his friends, so why can't he? Three, he's punk as fuck; who cares about reputations?

     "Sure," he responds, grabbing his keys and wallet from his backpack.

     The two of them fall in sync with each other. Somehow, they do this every single time they're together. Maybe three days can go a long way when it comes to friendship -- if Scott and Camille can even be considered as friends.

     "I like your tattoos," Camille says in a light tone. Everything about her is so casual.

     "Oh." Surprised, Scott glances at his exposed arms filled intricate designs and different stories to tell, "Thanks. Lots of people look down on them."

     The short girl shrugs, "It's your body. Do whatever the hell you want with it."

❀❀❀

     "SO, YOU MUST be Flower Boy," Zee Leon says, looking the young man up and down in a scrutinizing way, "You look nothing like one."

     "I'm aware," he says, looking down at his own wardrobe, "Although, I can list flowers in alphabetical order."

     "Please don't--"

     "Acacia, Achillea, African Boxwood--"

     Zee cuts him off before he can continue his lengthy list, "I get it!"

     He obnoxiously smirks, and Zee responds by throwing an exasperated look at Camille and Asma Haque.

     Scott just only met Zee and Asma, but he immediately finds himself liking them as people. They're good-natured and funny, and they didn't judge his attire at first glance. All of those reasons -- plus many more -- really makes him appreciate Camille's friends. Scott honestly thinks there should be more people like them -- all three of them.

     "I think you'd really like Scott's friends," Camille says to both Asma and Zee, glancing at him from the corner of her hazel eye, "They're pretty crazy, but it's a good kind of crazy."

     Asma smiles in a jokingly way, "Are they crazy like me?"

     "Hun, you're anything but crazy," Zee says, rolling her eyes, "Anyway, are we here to talk or to eat?"

     "Neither," Scott seriously answers, keeping a straight face.

     "Smart-ass," Asma mumbles, which sends the group of four into a round of laughter.

     "No, seriously," Zee says, "Can we have a waitress come over? I'm starving, and I'm ready to order."

     They all continue to idly talk amongst themselves, and Scott sincerely enjoys his time. For once, he doesn't feel all that different from everyone else in school.

     As people pass by the group, they can't help but stare. However, Scott simply doesn't care because he can be whoever the fuck he wants, and he can hang out with whoever the fuck he wants to hang out with. They can take one good look at his outer appearance and label him, and Scott Akers still won't give a shit.

____________________________

THERE WE HAVE IT; HERE IS THE FOURTH CHAPTER OF 'WHERE IT BEGAN'!

I HONESTLY FIND THIS CHAPTER REALLY CUTE!

ALSO, HOW Y'ALL LIKING THE NEW COVER?

BeSuReTo:

vote•comment•follow

--islandarc