Chapter 3: Suspicions Confirmed

After we had our coffee and made some summer plans, we payed and left. Katie had to go run some errands a few blocks opposite to the direction of our houses, so we said our goodbyes.

"Goodbye sunshine," Katie called to me.

"I'll see ya later, sugarplum," I shouted back. Haha yeah, we've got pet names for each other.

As soon as I started walking, I got that pang again. Something's wrong.

"Damn it," I thought to myself ,"I'm 12 blocks away from my house, something's gonna happen." I looked around, searching for the white van, but I didn't see it. Actually, I didn't see anything. There were no people, no cars (parked or driving) . . . what the hell?

Oh wait, that's right, everybody's been talking about going to the beach to celebrate getting out of school. I calmed down a little more and kept a steady slow pace for home.

It started getting really dark (not gradually dark, like . . . darker by the second). I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time. Holy shit! It's already 8pm? Katie and I must've been in that cafe for, like, 4 hours?! Didn't seem that long. Why is it getting dark already, though?

I looked up and the pretty, bright blue sky had been replaced by dull, dark, dreary storm clouds. I mean, I could still see, but it was apparently dark enough for the street lights to turn on because, one by one, they flicked on.

Ugh, I hate being outside by myself when it's dark. Yeah, I'm a bit of a scaredy cat.

Then I felt something on the back of my neck that scared my half to death/ I jumped and immediately turned around. Nobody was there. I'm going crazy. I'm actually going crazy. I felt the same thing on my nose, and my cheek, and - ahh shit, it's raining.

Just my luck, right? First day of my summer vacation and here I was, thinking it was gonna be a beautiful sunny day, but nope. It probably sucks more for all the people at the beach.

I've got 11 blocks left and it's goddamn raining! I took no more than 7 steps and it began pouring. I didn't care, though. I did speed up my pace a little bit, but not by much.

Just then, I heard car tires splashing lightly in puddles. Every bone in my body was telling me not to panic and not to turn around. But of course, I turned around.

The white van was about a block away from me, but I could see it perfectly. My stomach dropped and my throat closed up.

I whipped my head back forward and started walking a hell of a lot faster.

Bad idea.

The van started going a little but faster and that's when I decided to start running.

Worse idea.

I turned my head for a split second and the van was racing toward me. Shit!

(A/N: OOOHHH cliffhanger! What do you think will happen?! So suspenseful! But I guess you'll have to wait until the next update. I know, I know . . . I'm evil; but hey, look at the size of this chapter! Not too shabby, huh? Keep voting and commenting, my lovelies! -AllieCat816)