I see my mother enter the kitchen with a small chocolate cake covered with candles and purple iced roses, a smile creeps up on my face as my mother smiles lovingly at me. My two brother's come barreling into the kitchen as well. The three of them wish me a happy birthday by singing the song, allowing me to make a wish and blow out my candles before they handed me my presents. My mother handed me a picture frame with a photo of the four of us in it from the previous year. I give her a warm hug before proceeding to open my brothers co-present. I open the very poorly wrapped present to discover every season of Spongebob Squarepants. A laugh escapes my lips as I bring them both in for a hug. "Thank you, I love all three of you so much." I say to them. "Come on, get ready! We're gonna take you to the playground!" My brothers announce. I jump out of my seat, run upstairs to change into short and a spotted shirt before running back down the stairs. Before I get to the door, I stop dead in my tracks, noticing a large package wrapped in birthday wrapping paper on the doorstep with an envelope taped to the side. I make my way slowly down the remaining steps. This must've been why I felt a weird feeling wash over me when I woke up this morning. I tear the envelope off of the package, my eyes scan the words on the page. 

My Sweet Becc's, 

It pained me to leave your side, the pain of that day sparked something within me that is how I was able to sneak away and bring you this present and letter. I hope one day that you can forgive me for leaving, it was not my intention. In fact, the day we left, I was still asleep as my mother carried me into the vehicle. If I had known earlier I would've fought to stay with you. I will find you one day, reunited with you. Don't forget about me.

Love, 

Noah

My heart throbs at his words, an animalistic growl leaves my throat and I stand frozen in my doorway, I see my mother staring at me with worried eyes. I force my eyes away from her, choosing instead to begin opening the large box. Inside of the box was a picture of the two of us and an almost life-sized stuffed black wolf. Tears start to run down my face as Noah's words sink in, as my eyes take in his features from the picture in my hands. My mother runs over to me, silently hugging me until I calm down. I feel the heartbreak of the day he left being brought back to the surface. "What happened sweetheart." My mother asks softly. I look into her eyes and she gasps "What's wrong mommy?" I ask her and her eyes widen "Your eyes- they're black..." She says, shock clearly plastered across her face. My brothers come down the stairs looking at us confused, "Alright kids, we're off to the playground." My mother lets out, changing the subject as she grabs my hand lovingly and gestures for my brothers to follow. 

Fast forward eight years, I am still haunted by the nightmare that was the day of his disappearance. However, I have made two new best friends, Jaimie and Emma Clair or Emma for short. I met them as we entered the fourth grade, we were only nine at the time. Emma was being harassed by some of the more popular girls, I came to her rescue, putting the mean girls in their place, my body radiating with intimidation. As Emma is thanking me for stepping in and saving her some embarrassment, we are joined by Jaimie. "That was badass chica!" she says to me, a blush creeping up on my cheeks until I quickly force it away. That was the year that we were introduced to curse words as well as lectured on periods for the first time! They quickly became my best friends but still had their work cut out for them. They never stopped trying to break down my walls as Emma was forever grateful and Jaimie was simply more stubborn than I was. Eventually, they broke down every wall I had, comforting me more than I ever thought possible. I informed them both of my past friendship with Noah, they know everything I felt for him before and after his disappearance, along with the fact that I still sleep with the large stuffed wolf by my side every night. The two females were always at my house, we hadn't shared naps but we did share clothing, secrets, late-night conversations, and homework.