CHAPTER 1

It's been so long since I've seen my sister Kate she moved to Montana with her husband Joe for his job about 3 years ago.

I knew it was a heart breaking decision for her to up and move leaving me behind in the only home we've ever known. Home is Seattle in Washington.

See before Kate met Joe it had only been just the two of us for a long time. Our parents died in a car accident 10 years ago. Our parents were very much still in love even after all the years they had been together. Always showing small gestures of affection toward each other like when mum would wash up after cooking a Sunday meal dad would stand behind her wrap his arms around her waist lean in and kiss the side of her neck thanking her for meal she had cooked. I remember a time when we we're younger if we caught dad doing this me and Kate would both moan saying how old they we're and how it grossed us out. But obviously now we'd give anything to have these times back.

At the time of the accident Kate was 19 and I was 16 this meant Kate was legally old enough to look after us both. Mum and Dad both had small life insurance's so the house we lived in was paid off but after that it left little money for us to live on. So while I was still at school Kate took a job mostly working day's as a waitress at Pete's diner. Friday and Saturday's were her evening shift's which I knew she hated doing because of me but couldn't afford turn it down because the tips were way better then the tip's she made working day's. The two nights Kate worked if I wasn't at a friends house I would end up at Pete's diner. Kate would buy me dinner and I would sit and do my homework while I waited for her to finish work.

Kate is now 29 and the image of our Mum and our Mum was beautiful. From the same 5ft 4ins in height to the petite body frame, fair skin and blue eyes. The only difference was Kate's hair was light mousey brown and our Mum hair was lighter.

I took after my Dad with my long dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin. I have a few more curves then my sister probably down to my love of chocolate and I was an inch or so taller then her. Kate and I were like night and day. In more then just our looks.

I had been meaning to make the trip to see Kate and Joe for a while now but with work commitment's and my boyfriend Adam who didn't want me going alone but for some reason or another could never get the same time off of work as me. I had lost count of the amount of times I had pushed the trip back with Adam always promising to sort something out. So when Adam came over yesterday after work I brought up the fact that I had been given the green light from work to take the next few weeks off as holiday and the was plan was I was going to see my sister with or with out him. This ended up in us having a big argument and him storming out slamming the door as he left.

Kim my best friend and room mate had obviously come home during our fight suggested at girls night out. Me being in the fuck you Adam mood I thought this was the best idea she ever had. So after a few drinks while getting ready here we were just entering the new club Pure. Kim grabbed hold of my hand while she fought our way through the mess of bodies to get to the bar. Kim shouted at me over the music " are we doing shots?" I gave her the thumbs up. After doing a few shots then ordering us both a vodka and coke and move away from the bar where it was a little less crowded.

" I think it will be good for you to see Kate I know who much you've miss her and Joe"

"To be honest I'm feeling kind of guilty that its taken me this long"

"Don't be stupid I bet the moment she got off the phone to you she was doing cartwheel's"

"I haven't told her yet thought I would surprise her and let her know when I board the bus"

At that moment two men smartly dressed and not bad looking either offer to buy us a drink. Kim looks at me but I shake my head no. Even with the argument Adam and I had I know he still wouldn't like it if I had let another man buy me a drink.