Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"What are you thinking about?" Trunks asks me.

"Homecoming," I replied. "About if we're going together."

"Why the hell wouldn't we go together?" Trunks asks, chuckling. "It's our first formal school dance. I wouldn't dream of going with anyone else but you."

I smiled, closing my eyes. "Good. Cause I was already assuming we'd be going together."

Trunks shifts his head so we kiss the top of my head. I give his hand a light squeeze, and he squeezes back.

~*~*~*~*~

At lunch, we get more free time to talk about what was up with Momma and Bulma. The high school and middle schools shared a courtyard outside, and during warm weather, students were allowed to go outside and eat. Since Bulla, Marron and Goten were all middle school still, this was the only time aside from the bus ride here we got to see them. There was a nice little niche under a tree away from all the other students. Aki and I couldn't unwind our tails, but we were still free to talk about whatever we wanted with little fear of being overheard.

"Do you think something's wrong with them?" Nate asked, referring to Dad and Vegeta. "Like, maybe whatever happened to Vegeta at the martial arts tournament happened again and that's why they left? To try and get him help?"

"I don't think so," Marron replies, shaking her head. Something like that I think they'd tell us. It's gotta be something else..."

"Like what?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich. Marron shrugged.

"I have no idea... I think my parents know as well, though."

"It wouldn't surprise me if other Z-Fighters know," Aki says. "I'm honestly surprised Gohan and Videl don't know..."

"Maybe because whatever it is they would have wanted to help and Dad and Goku didn't want them to?" Bulla suggests. "I mean, they did just have a baby and all. Maybe Dad and Goku didn't want to interrupt their lives?"

"That makes sense," Trunks agrees. "But we still don't know why they left..."

"I'm going to find that out tonight," I say. "I'm going to pester Momma till she tells me. We deserve to know!"

My group nodded in agreement. Silence fell over us as we finished our lunches. No sooner had I popped the last of my chips in my mouth did the bell ring, signalling that lunch was over for high school and middle school. We stood up, brushing our uniforms free of grass and dirt, separated into our groups, and went back to our schools to finish out the day.

~*~*~*~*~

"Heyo! We're here!" I looked up from my homework when the back door opened and Gohan walked in. He held the door for his wife, who walked in carrying my niece. I grinned when I saw them.

"Oh good! I was afraid you two would hit a lot of traffic in West City," Momma says, appearing from the living room. She walked up to the trio, immediately taking Panny from Videl.

My brother and sister-in-law had moved into a nice house on the outskirts of Satan City. Usually they just flew here, but since they had baby Panny, they elected to drive instead. It was about an hour and a half from their house to here.

"No, we just managed to miss it," Videl replies, taking Panny's diaper bag off and setting it on the ground by the table I was sitting at. She smiled at me.

"How's it going, Rose?" I shrugged.

"School still sucks. The normal." She laughed, kicking off her shoes and leaving them at the door.