Shit. He pulled out that card. Think Lexi Think. He is a player he won’t be able to keep it in his pants for a whole year, that ridiculous.

(Lexi’s POV)

This boy just couldn’t take rejection could he. I thought we had agreed to ignore each other. That he would just be the wannabe Bad boy and I would be the bitchy badass from the city. We would pretend that the other didn’t exist. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair not sure what to say. I mean I didn’t like him like that, did I? I admit that he was hot, I mean how couldn’t he be with his just got out of bed hair and his dazzling eyes.

But just because he was hot doesn’t mean that I wanted to go out with him. Just because he was hot didn’t mean that I was going to forget about my past and let him in, let him take my heart and break it like every other boy had done.

No, I wasn’t that stupid.

I was the type of girl that had learnt to put up walls and keep them up. I knew who was good and who was bad. Who was going to hurt me and who wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing.

This boy standing in front of me was one of those boys that were going to hurt me. One of those boys that would say he was just going to a party to have some fun but then would end up sleeping with someone. Weather Bentley wanted to admit it or not if I agreed to go out with him he was going to cheat on me. It might no be for a few months but a boy like him couldn’t hold off having sex for a year. Even if he tried super hard.

If he didn’t understand that then I was going to have to make him see it. I was going to have to make him realise that I wasn’t interested in him at all.

“If you really love me then you will let me go,” I stated waiting for his reply. He frowned and I watched as he opened and closed his mouth as if not sure how to say what he wanted.

I waited patiently, knowing that if I left now he would just chase me. We needed to sort this out. After a few minutes he nodded his head and straightened himself out as if he had come to a decision.

“By loving you I want the best for you, and I truly believe that the best thing for you is to be with me.” He said it slowly, like he was trying to make me believe it.

‘For god sake, just give up already. What do I have to do to make you realise that I don’t like you. I don’t like how you think you are the best thing out. How you always have to be right. I hate it how you pretend to care because everyone knows that you don’t. You are a selfish, arrogant, horrible boy with a hideous personality. By standing her saying that you love me is selfish because you should let me be free. Because by being with you I’m just going to get my heart broken and that is cruel.” Tears were running down my face and I wasn’t sure why.

This was all so confusing. As I said words that I knew would push him away, regretted them instantly. It was like some part of me knew that by doing this I was doing something so stupid, like I was doing something I was going to regret.

His own eyes looked sad as he reached up and wiped the tear away with his thumb.