08 - 2 Truths; 1 Lie

...

Ara, being her easily-embarrassed self, immediately flushed at the slightest contact between their hands. Add, on the other hand, merely glanced at the Chinese girl, unfazed. Instead of embarrassment, he had felt the opposite. He stubbornly felt determined to eat that one specific piece of chocolate-coated delicacy, because of the fact that there was only one kitten out of the rowdy farm of animals.

"A-Ah, um, sorry, Add. I'll take another piece instead, if you'd like..." Ara shyly offered, slowly receding her hand from his.

"Yeah, alright, thanks." he calmly replied, picking up the treat while attempting to hide the sparkles in his eyes from the beautifully-crafted art.

"Or~ You two can share the chocolate! Don't deceive us, Ara! I know that you want that cat, too~" Aisha suggested with a grin.

"Oh, I didn't know that cats would've been so popular among you guys, haha... I can always make a few other kitty-themed sweets." Aren countered. 'Or really, as long as Ara remains pure, taking whatever Aisha has planned into the equation...'

"I'd agree more with Aren's suggestion..." Elesis mumbled, though she saw Aisha's immaturity coming, anyway.

~

Aren had went to the kitchen to check up on his supplies, though unfortunately, there weren't any ingredients left to create more of the chocolate-coated kitties. Disappointingly returning to the living room, he awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"Looks like we ran out of stuff to make them with..."

"This must be fate, guys! So, if Add and Ara each put their mouths on each end of the chocolate, this can work out like the Pocky Game!" Aisha cheered. "Except, a much shorter version due to the size~"

"U-Um...! I object..!" Ara cried.

Add promptly stuffed the treat into his mouth, chewing on its milky taste. "I also refuse." he mumbled in between bites. The cats were more important than Ara.

"Aww, that's no fun! Well, until next time!" Aisha giggled.

And just like that, the rest of the gang started to gobble up all of Aren's snacks, leaving not a single crumb on the platter.

~

A while later, the group had decided to spend the rest of the day playing games around the house for fun, and to bond with each other better, hosted by the one and only Aren Haan.

"Alright, I'll split you four into two teams. Aisha and Add; Ara and Elesis. Aisha and Elesis, both of you have been together an awful lot already, so it's better to be with new people, wouldn't you agree? Now, with no further protests, let the series of activities begin! We'll start with a simple icebreaker game: Two Truths and a Lie."

"Two Truths and a Lie..? Never heard of it." said the amnesiac.

"Well, it's to be expected from you, haha... It's rather self-explanatory. When it's your turn, you simply have to state three things: two truths, and one lie. The opposite pair will have to guess your lie, and if they are correct, a point shall be awarded to them. On the contrary, if they do not guess it, your own team shall be rewarded with a point; therefore it works both ways. So, your new objective will be to gather points to win the game. Understood?" the older Haan elucidated.

Add nodded quietly at the explanation.

"Great! Heads will be for Aisha and Add, tails will be for Ara and Elesis." Aren conjured up a penny, seemingly from thin air. After flipping it, it had landed on a head. "Team Aisha/Add! Start with your three statements!"

...

ADD:

- "I love cats."

- "I do not like chocolate."

- "I hate going outside."

...

"'I do not like chocolate.' should be the lie. I think you made it too obvious, Add, especially after snacking on chocolate... But, you deserve merit for your first try." Elesis softly chuckled, actually enjoy something for once.

"Oh, okay." he obediently nodded, taking in the advice that Elesis had given him.

"Point for Team Ara/Elesis." Aren whipped out a chalkboard, marking a tally on the scoreboard. "Round two, proceed on with your three statements, Team Ara/Elesis."

...

ELESIS:

- "I am quite fond of reading."

- "I have a younger brother."

- "I like horror movies."

...

"Is the part about having a younger brother a lie?" Add blandly threw out, without Aisha's consent.

"Ah, no. Unfortunately, I do have a younger sibling; his name is Elsword. I lied about liking horror movies, I'm not too fond of those..." Elesis responded. "So, one point for my team."

"Ooh! I like reading too, Elesis! Maybe sometime later you can look through my bookshelf, we can both talk about books together!" Ara beamed.

Aren made the mark on the scoreboard. "Go, Team Aisha/Add."

...

AISHA:

- "Elesis is my best friend."

- "I hate insects."

- "I ship Ara and Add together."

...

"None of those seem to be false..." Elesis observantly stated. "Or do I not know you well enough anymore?" she muttered.

"Sh-Ship? Me? And A-Add? E-Eh?!" Ara stammered. "U-Um, that can't be true, now can it? That must be the lie, then..!"

"Aw, that's a shame! Incorrect, Ara! Elesis isn't my best friend. Rather... she's like my sister! ♥ A sister that I love lots!" Aisha innocently smiled.

"I'm calling fowl on that one." Elesis rolled her eyes. "But, have it your way. One point for your team."

"And now, lastly, Team Ara/Elesis." Aren motioned, making yet another point onto the scoreboard.

...

ARA:

- "I am also afraid of insects."

- "I cannot dance well."

- "I am an expert liar."

...

"Huh, this is a tough one..." Aisha admitted, stroking her imaginary beard made of air while thinking. "I'm going to say that you can dance! So your second sentence is a lie!"

"Ehehe, sorry, Aisha! But, I'm not an expert liar at all. It was actually quite difficult to come up with that lie..." Ara's lips pressed into a smile.

"Dammit!"

"Alright, that's the end of this activity." Aren pointed to the chalkboard. "The final score is 3-1; Team Ara/Elesis has achieved victory. Congratulations!"

Ara and Elesis both gave each other a high-five. "We did it!" Ara cheered.

"Now, who's up for a movie with some drinks and popcorn?" Aren asked.

"Me!" three of them shouted in unison.

"As long as it isn't horror." Elesis joined in, simpering.

...