Chapter 2

****** picture on the side (avril lavigne) im picturing Scarletts friend STACEY to look like. Enjoy! =) __________________________________________________________________________

Mom came home later that day with a pile of work to do of course. So she was there, but she wasn't REALLY there. She stayed in her room all day and sent us all out of the house so she could focus on getting some work done. Me and my brothers told her we'd all be going to the movies, when really we split up while I went to Stacey's, Tyler and Louis went over to their friend Blake's house, saying later we'd all meet up there and show up back home together. 

"Meet us back at Blake's before 8:00 alright? I'll txt you his address. Try to stay out of trouble until then please?"

Tyler smiled and waved over his shoulder to me and Stacey. He had been a lot nicer to me since this morning. Maybe he still felt bad about making me cry in front of him, or maybe we were finally connecting? I had a pretty good idea that Louis had noticed it as well as he stared at his brother with a frown on his face. Usually every time me and Tyler talked it ended in a fight where we both stormed off into different directions. But maybe that was all coming to an end. Maybe he finally understood me a little, enough so that he would get off my case from now on. I sure hoped so.

Stacey's house was only a 10 minute walk away from mine. It was extremely convenient. Stacey's parents were never really home either. Her father was in prison for whatever, and her mom was in and out of rehab. Her older brother Todd had technical custody of her. But he was never really around much either. We had a lot of crazy parties at her house. It was big and spacious, with those cool neon lights you saw in clubs that flashed and flickered around the room. The walls were painted black, and there was only dark blue furniture around the house. She had payed for most of it all herself. Stacey was unfortunately a stripper, which personally I would never do, but apparently she didn't mind, because she got to choose who she would and wouldn't do things for, and it payed an extreme amount of cash, so she was happy for the most part.

"Brads been acting so weird since this morning… I'v been trying to talk to him but its like talking to a wall, he's not listening to anything I'v said, I think he's getting uninterested in me. I think he's cheating on me." 

My eyes widened for just a second as I composed myself the second I saw Stacey's head turn in my direction. She had a sad look on her face. I had no clue what to say to her.

"Well umm… I think your right. Guys just can't control themselves these days, they see a hot girl and they just loose it. Plus, you could do way better."

I elbowed her in the side gently winking in her direction. 

"Yah, I guess your right. I just thought he was different then the rest of the guys I'v dated. Maybe him seeing you this morning with only a towel on turned him on."

She laughed and looked at me, expecting to do the same. But when I didn't, her smile turned into a frown, then she stopped dead on the sidewalk, pulling my arm making me stop next to her as well.

"NO! No you didn't Scarlett, please tell me nothing happened between you and Brad this morning! DONT lie to me!" 

She was starring into my eyes waiting for an answer, as I looked back seeing the tears start to well up in her eyes. She knew, deep down she had to know. I wouldn't have to say anything.

"Scarlett, how could you! You knew I liked him! What the fuck I thought we were friends!!!" 

The tears started pouring from her eyes as she tried frantically to wipe them away, but as she did, a new one took its place.

"Stacey, I didn't, HE did. I didn't know how to tell you, you looked so happy with him… I didn't want to break you guys up. I'm so sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing."

I took her other arm in mine, she frowned and ripped her hand out from mine.

"You should have told me! I can't believe it! You would never had told me would you?!"

Her tears stopped flowing from her eyes, as her mood turned into anger. She had a right to be. But it wasn't worth loosing a friend over. I remembered all the times I had gotten this upset with her, I forgave her each and every time. But the situation had never really been reversed like this. I wasn't sure what to do or say to make this better.

"I wasn't, unless he tried it again… Please, don't be mad at ME, its Brad you should be yelling at right now. Come on… lets go to your house and plan out some much needed payback on Brad?"

She dropped her frown and smiled up at me, then she flung her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. Zt first I thought that was her way of attacking me, but I soon relized it was just a hug. Thank god. I was extremely thankful to have such a forgiving friend as Stacey. She definitely was for sure my best friend, and I hoped it would continue that way for a long time. We walked the rest of the way to her house hand-in-hand. People on the streets probably thought we were a gay couple. Each time someone would pass we'd both look at each other with deep passionate eyes until they passed, and we burst out into laughter. 

We stopped at her door and she stuck her hand down her shirt, moving her hands around in her bra.

"Uhm.. Stacey, what are you doing?"

I laughed at her feeling herself up in the middle of the day, with people passing by giving dirty looks as they walk quickly by.

"I know my keys are down here somewhere… OH! found them!"

She smiled taking out a little pink and white poccadotted key out of her bra, sticking it in the door and turning the handle.

"Why do you keep them in your bra?"

"Well so I don't forget them, I can feel them there against my skin the whole time, so I always know where they are."

That seemed like a pretty reasonable answer to me.

Once we were in her room, she took out her laptop and we brainstormed ideas on how she could get back at Brad. We finally came up with the perfect plan. She was already done with him, finished. She wasn't to contact him, at all. We would both to go to a party we knew Brad would be at with his friends and me and Stacey were going to bring hot dates and Staey was going to PDA. Short for 'Public Display of Affection, right in front of Brad and all his friends to see. We couldnt wait to put the plan In action.