Tell me why

Chapter 12- Tell me why

Aira's p.o.v

An unearthly rumbling sound echoed the room. My left eye cracked open to the darkness, to the total darkness. I pushed myself up out of the bed slowly. My muscles were sore, along with my eyes when I saw the faint white line around my phone. I lazily flopped my arm over to the nightstand and picked up the phone. When I turned the device around to look at the screen, it blinded me. I squeezed my eyes shut. From knowing my phone so well, I poked the 'answer' button, placing it next to my ear. My eyes enjoyed the darkness a lot better then my light bulb of a phone.

"Hello?" I grumbled into the phone.

"Oh my god. You have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice."

I grumbled, mad at whoever woke me," Who is this?"

Their reply was almost instant, almost like they rehearsed this very conversation in their head a thousand times," It's been three months since I've seen your beautiful face and tangled my fingers into your soft hair.. Looking into those wonderful blue eyes.. I get lost in those every time..."

Silence took over the line for many boring minutes. I caught myself leaning to the right a few times, cursing at myself to stay awake. The minutes added up to fifteen when I dreadfully checked my alarm clock's bright red numbers.

"Ummm... who is this?" I questioned slowly.

It was quiet. There was no noise on the line, not even the soft sound of the guy's breathing until suddenly his voice echoed the room I was in," you... you don't remember who I am?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear, staring at it in dismay. How did I hear his voice outside of the call? I clearly heard his voice in the room, not through the phone.

With caution, I whispered," where.. are you?"

The reply was quick and full of sorrow," wherever you want me to be Aira."

The reply made me think... Who was this? But more importantly, why does their voice sound so filmier?

"Show yourself." I demanded. I was getting impatient of the questions and unknown answers, I wanted to know who was standing in the same room as me. Slowly I placed the phone beside me, awaiting an answer.

"Well it's pitch black. how am I supposed to show myself?" he snapped back at me.

"I-"

His deep voice cut me off," please enlighten me on how I'm supposed to show myself in the darkness."

He had a point. Which was unravelling. I was so caught up in finding out who he was that the obvious didn't occur to me.

"Maybe this'll help," I said, beginning to focus on my open hand in front of me. I could feel the burning energy flow through me, then straight to my hand right before red embers started to dance before my eyes. the flames lighted the room dimly but enough so I could see the faint outline of a tall boy with tan skin. I couldn't see his facial features because of the dark shadows casting across his face.

Knitting my eyebrows, I began to see that he couldn't show himself in this room at this time of night. Yes I could turn the light on but I don't think waking Draken up is a fantastic idea. We had to leave this room in order to put my suspicions to rest and unravel the truth beyond this unexpected visit.

"Come with me." I said with determination. I had to find out who exactly he was and how he knows me.

**

My hand was firmly wrapped around his soft wrist all the way to the shop. A little place where Draken scurried off to most of the day doing god knows what.