53

(most of you guys were really really nice about me wanting to take a break but some people were,,, not as nice so here i am updating a chapter i never got to finish)

"max honey, you need to get up." max was currently gripping his sheets for dear life as his mother tried to pull him out of bed by his legs. "you can't make me!" the grip on his legs tightened, the grip he had on the sheets slipped, and he went flying onto the floor. "mom!"

"it's 6:30, school starts at 7:30, and i want you to be ready for your first day. all your friends will be there, too, so it's not like one of those cliché movie first days. you might even have some classes with steven."

monday mornings were definitely not max's favorite thing to take part in, but the thought of seeing steven almost all day made him happier. after laying on the floor for ten minutes, he got up, threw on his binder and clothes, brushed his teeth, and went downstairs.

breezy, dallon, and steven were waiting for him.

"uh- hi?"

"hey. we wanted to walk you to school so you could get used to the route. plus steven wants to talk to you about something." steven was fidgeting around a bit, messing with his hands, and looking everywhere. max turned to dallon and mouthed, 'is he okay?' to which dallon nodded and stole a strawberry off mrs. schneider's plate of fruit. the three stayed for breakfast, seeing as it was thirty minutes before school started and the walk only took ten. steven was still acting weird, but he ate the cereal placed before him. breezy kept eating dallon's food, and he would take hers in return.

they all finished their wonderful breakfast, thanking mrs. schneider and heading out. the sidewalks weren't huge, so they'd have to walk in twos.

breezy and dallon walked side by side, chatting away about bands and memes. steven and max weren't as talkative until max pulled them back a little.

"steven? are you okay? why are you so quiet?" steven didn't respond right away. he seemed on edge.

"i wanted to tell you something... when we're alone... it's kind of a private thing..."

"do you wanna like... text it to me or something? i don't want you to be uncomfortable." steven shook his head, saying he left his phone at home most days, only taking it when he would need to be reminded of something. "okay. do you wanna come over to my house after school and we can talk about it?" steven only nodded, not saying another word, and picked up his pace a small bit to catch up with the pokèmon duo. max caught up with him, but he wished he didn't. breezy and dallon were arguing about which transformer was better.

"it's obviously bumble bee! are you blind? just because he can't talk properly doesn't mean he sucks!"

"dallon, open your eyes. the best transformer is completely optimus prime! are you brain dead?"

"are you serious, breeze? prime is so fucking generic, he's so overrated!"

"oh, and bumble bee isn't? he's basically the star of the fucking movie!"

"guys? guys? guys! the only good transformers anything were those stupid little animations on cartoon network and boomerang. the movies suck, can we at least all agree on that?"

"i thought the first movie was okay..." steven added quietly, causing breezy to go off on some tangent on how the movie was a piece of trash and so was shia. max uttered a 'just do it' as quietly as possible, but dallon still heard, causing him to try to claw max's eyes out.

finally, they arrived at school and breezy and dallon only had one other fight: which type of digimon would be best in a duel. max didn't even know what digimon fucking was.

steven led max over to the office, waving goodbye to their two friends. "uh, this is max... he's a new student and i was wondering if i could show him around today?" the nice office lady smiled and nodded, saying that steven was exempted from work today.

--

the tour of the school was less than exciting. max would be able to figure out where everything was and what it did, so he and steven basically made out in the boy's bathroom the whole time. they had the whole day off, the office would notify the teachers of their presence, so they wouldn't be marked absent or late, but they didn't actually have to go to the class and do the work. it was magical.

max's schedule was similar to steven's. they had math together first period, then science together fourth period, lunch obviously, and then p.e. together last period. unfortunately, max wasn't the exercise type, but steven sure as hell was, and could definitely block max in the event of a ball flying at his face. plus he would look hot in gym clothes.

by the time they were done making out in the bathroom, lunch hour rolled around. "you can sit with my other friends and i. everyone from the chat'll be there too," steven offered to which max gratefully accepted.

--

the table was a bit cramped, but couples decided it would make sense to have one on the other's lap or have them sit closer than other people. the table had:

-breezy trying to sit closer to

-dallon, who was talking to

-brendon, and on his lap was

-ryan, eating a bag of doritos with

-a boy with red hair who was talking to

-myles who was feeding a donut to

-sarah, who was failing to avoid eating the donut and leaning to get away, which resulted in her falling on

-a boy with short brown hair who was introducing himself to

-max, who was sitting on the lap of

-steven, who was sharing a cookie with

-a boy in a red cardigan and a fedora.

it was fucking insane.