Chapter 8: Prom Night

I waited for Harry to pick me up. In a way, I was slightly scared. What if he didn't show? Or I wasn't pretty enough? Or he looked horrible? Well, that last part I didn't really have to worry about since Harry can't look horrible if he didn't have his glasses or gelled his hair. As for me not looking pretty enough, I did try my best. Marleen helped me with my tangle of ginger hair and I even put in effort to put make up on. And I got contacts.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. I opened the door slightly, relieved to see that it was Harry behind the door. I opened the door more to get a better look. My jaw nearly dropped. He had contacts in, so his green eyes were very visible. Plus his hair wasn't gelled back. It was it's curly self.

"Do I look that bad?" Harry said.

"N-No," I stumbled. "You look great."

"So do you," he said, blushing a bit. I blushed. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yea," I followed him out to his car. He opened my door and I slid into the passengers seat. The ride there wasn't very chit chatty, so I was glad when we pulled up to the school. We walked in, Harry's arm around my shoulders.

"Min!" Justine squealed. She dragged Michael over to us. Looking at Harry, she gave me a strange look. "Is he an exchange student?"

"No. This is Marcel," I replied. 

"Call me Harry," Harry told her politely. Justine nodded quickly, grabbing Harry by the arm.

"Uh, Justine," I sighed, following them. They walked out into the dance floor and started dancing. Unfortunately, dancing wasn't something that I do. I took a seat at one of the tables that were set up. 

********************************

Justine danced with Harry for most of the night. I could tell he wanted to get away, but she always found a way to get him back dancing with her. Not that I should mind. It wasn't like he was my boyfriend or anything. It just urked me that Justine stole my date and left hers just like that. But that's typical Justine for you.

"Alright everyone! This is the last song of the night!" the DJ announced. Yippie. I put my head in my hands, waiting for it all to be over. This was supposed a magical night. But it was a total disaster. Someone tapped my shoulder.

"Justine, I don't have extra lipgloss for the billionth time," I grumbled.

"I don't need lipgloss," I heard Harry chuckled. I looked up to see him with his hand out. "I wanted to dance with my date." I'm pretty sure my face was redder than a stop sign. Gratefully taking Harry's hand, he lead me to the dance floor. Thank goodness it was a slow dance. We danced for a little while before talking.

"Min?" Harry said.

"Mm?" I mused.

"Can I ask you something?" he questioned.

"Fire away."

"Do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?"

"Only on one condition."

"What is it?"

"Think you can handle me?" He smirked, kissing me.

"I think I can handle it," he whispered.

Well, that's the end of it brochachos. Now I shall work on yet another fan fic. A novelish one. That will be better. I'm officially giving up on Mad, Mad world. You guys can imagine what happens next. Sorry for the inconvenience. Well, I hope you enjoyed this. Leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed. Fan and become a bro today. See you guys next time on whatever I write. Stay awesome brochachos.