Chapter 6: Peaches

I woke up groggily to something burning. Must be Marleen trying to cook something. I rolled over, nearly having a heart attack since I forgot Harry was there. He was still asleep, telling from the way he didn't move when I almost fell onto the floor.

"Saw that," I heard him mumble.

"Weren't suppose to," I uttered, getting out of bed. I looked in the mirror above my dresser and gasped. My hair was a wreck. Not that I was going anywhere today. I had no boyfriend and the only main friend I had was with her soon-to-be boyfriend. I quickly combed my fingers through my rats nest I call hair and put it up in a ponytail. I glanced at the clock. It was only 10:30. Marleen wasn't up yet.

I snuck downstairs, not wanting to wake her. I got into the cubbard and gently pulled out canned peaches. Without meaning to, the cubbard door slammed. It wasn't that loud, but to me it was like an earthquake.

"Min!" I heard Marleen growl. Out of fear of being caught, I rushed into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. "Where are you?" I slowly down my breathing. Any sign that I was in the bathroom would give me away.

"WHO ATE MY PEACHES!" Marleen's voice boomed from the kitchen. I don't know how she realized that the peaches were gone. She hates peaches. "MINA! GIVE ME MY DAMN PEACHES! I KNOW YOU TOOK THEM!" I heard the door handle jiggle. My eyes grew wide. Marleen busted into the bathroom, knife in her hand.

"Don't hurt me!" I sqeaked. That earned me a smack to the face.

"Where are my peaches?" she uttered in a low growl. 

"I don't know what you mean," I said. Another blow to the head.

"You know exactly what I mean. Where. Are. My. Peaches?" 

"I don't-" I put up my hands just in time to catch the knife that was coming my way. I winced in pain as the knife cut through my skin. I pulled the peaches out of my hoodie pouch. She huffed and stalked away. A tear slid down my cheek as I checked out my hand.

"Hey Min, I heard yelling and I didn't know if you were-" Harry stopped as he saw my hand. I looked at him. He had his glasses on and his hair gelled back. He got a look of concern of his face.

"I-It's nothing," I tried to explain, but he wouldn't have it. He grabbed me by the arm and led me to the living room, where Marleen was lazily throwing peaches from the can into the garbage.

"Hey fat arse," Harry called. Marleen look up. A sneer crossed her ugly face.

"Tattled to your boyfriend?" she mused.

"He isn't my boyfriend," I shot back.

"And you're lucky I'm not. Because if I was, well, let's just say you wouldn't be able to move for a couple of months," Harry growled.

"What are you gonna do about it Brit Boy?" Marleen said, a bit of amusment in her voice.

"This." Harry grabbed Marleen by her shirt and lifted her off the ground. He was much taller than she was. With his other hand, he twisted her arm behind her back to a point where she was begging for mercy.

"Not so fun when it's done to you is it?" Harry smirked. "Leave Min alone. She's done nothing to you. And if you find it funny to hurt your stepdaughter again well, heh. I live next door you know." He dropped Marleen onto the floor. Her eyes were filled with terror. She backed away into the couch.

"Yea, mess with me again Marleen. I dare you," I retorted. She shook her head and handed me the peach can. "I don't want them anymore. You've contaminated the whole thing." I heard a high pitch wailing sound.

"I got it," Harry sighed, rushing upstairs. I went into the kitchen where the first aid kit was and started to clean up my hand. Harry came down a few moments later with the baby in his hand.

"It uh, has a um..." he said, his face turning red.

"Dirty diaper?" I guessed. He nodded and handed the baby to me. "Woah woah woah. Who said I was on diaper duty?"

"Well would you rather get up in the middle of the night to feed it or change it every so often?" he reasoned.

"Give me a diaper," I mumbled.

*****************************************

After about ten minutes, I finally changed the robot's diaper. Weirdest thing I've said. The rest of the day went by quickly. And so did the week. Eventually, it was Sunday. Harry went back to his house next door and left me the baby. I didn't want him to leave to be honest. I wanted him to say. He kept the nightmares away.

I sound childish, but it's true. No bad dreams since Harry was here. I laid in my bed on Sunday night, thinking of Harry when I heard a tap on my window. I peered out to find Harry the window directly across from mine. I lifted up my window so we could talk.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"Just wanted to say goodnight," he answered. "Goodnight Mina."

"Goodnight Harry," I said. He smiled and shut his window. I laid back in my bed, letting the moonlight fill my room. All these thoughts filled my mind about Harry. So many questions.... My eyes felt heavy, and not to soon after I was deep asleep.

Well hello everybrocacho! Hope you liked the chapter! Thank you for the almost 300 reads on this story :3 And 3,000 votes? WHAAAAA???? You guys are truly amazing.  Thank you bros :) Now then, since I'm almost done with this story what do you want me to write next? A short story? A novel fan fic? And for who/ what boy? It can be any topic. Just tell me and maybe I'll write it. BUT UNTIL NEXT CHAPTA...... JDFKHSK:GDJGKLSJ:FKLSD: I don't know.