Felicity

A white dress clung to my shapely figure. My dark hair fanned behind me as I gaze up at the violet sky from my laying place. Nothing could be wrong. The sun was invisible to my eyes, but the glow of its ray lingered in the sky, illuminating my blissful heaven. A timid sigh of contentedness escaped my barely lips. It sounded loud yet musical to my ears. It was so silent, so peaceful. Any sound could easily shatter my perfect illusion.

Rolling my head delicately to the side, I brush a hand over the grass and paper thin wild flowers. A soft alabaster flushed with a faint red hue. The stamen of the flower was a breathless blue. The grass seemed to be alight in the fragrant fields; solid as an evergreen. I picked a flower from the damp earth and watched it wither away into a fragile dust before fluttering off into the genteel wind.

I sang an amiable melody, my words hanging in the air almost tangibly. The wind danced around me, laughing along with my melody. I could have died and been perfectly content. This world was so beautiful to me. There was no violence—there was no pain. I was eternally grateful of this firmament. The world here was just a perfect Eden.

I could not even tell where I was. All concepts of space and time were lost. The sky never dimmed; my body never fatigued. As long as I could enjoy this felicity, I would not complain about such mortal things.

Standing from my resting place, I began to venture into the woods nearby. The trees were a deep green and the bark a soft red. The violet of the sky could barely been seen through the thick branches. Barefoot, I walked through the wood, the earth cool beneath my toes. A small smile played across my lips as the woods came to a river. Eager to find more beauties, I followed the river upstream and came to a beautiful waterfall. More of my paper flowers lined the banks of the river. The water flowed downstream and I could practically see the stories of many flying beneath me.

A soft rolling of thunder rolled above. Try as I may, I failed to see anything but soft pink clouds. I shrugged a thin shoulder and made my way to my field of paper flowers. The grass and flowers billowed lightly in the wind. I smiled lightly at the first contact of rain against my skin. It wasn’t cold like the winter rain I was used too, but it wasn’t humid and sultry either.

I was finally at home within myself.

_________________________________________________________

This story was originally written for a contest on Figment. I have another story up on there and an ongoing series. If you wanna check them out, here's the link! http://figment.com/users/56817-Erin-Keiko Thank you guys~

Also, if you're one of those rare people from Storywrite that either found me here or followed me, then you might have seen this idea used already. I personally like this story a lot more though. ;P