"Marls, how does it help that?"

"Well this is what I told him, I said that it proves to myself that if he does leave me, and goes off with some girl that I can still be with other guys. It shows him that he can't just assume that I'm completely his, just like I can't help but think he's not entirely mine."

"And then what happened?"

"He kissed me."

"Oh no."

"Oh yes, properly kissed me and pulled me close."

"The kind of kiss that isn't just a kiss?"

"You bet it."

"Tell me you didn't sleep with him."

"What choice did I have?"

"Oh Marls."

"Don't 'Oh Marls' me! And don't say what I know you're going to!"

"What's that?"

"One of three things."

"I already know the answers. What's it going to take to get you to take that test?" Lily asked.

"A lot."

"I'll do all your potions essays."Lily said, looking closely at Marlene. "But you take the tests now."

"Multiple? Why would I do that?!" Marlene exclaimed.

"You know why. I have a couple more questions." Lily said standing up and grabbing Marlene's hand before dragging her to the Gryffindor dorms.

"Did he say anything?"

"What do you mean?"Marlene asked, confused.

Lily dragged her in front of the full length mirror that stood in their dorm bathroom and pulled up the jumper. Marlene's usual toned stomach was slightly bloated. Something you wouldn't be able to notice unless you looked carefully.

"Are you still making me take the tests?" She asked staring at the small bump and resting her hand on her belly.

"Is there any chance at all that it's not Fabians?" Lily asked, pulling the tests out of Marlene's school bag.

"A small one." Marlene sighed. "And yeah, he did."

"What? I didn't think Sirius of all people would notice!"

"He knows I haven't had my period, but I told him I was bloated because of the lack of food I've been eating."

"And he bought it?"

"He doesn't want this to be real any more than I do Lily." Marlene said, looking across the room at her friend sadly.

Just as Marlene was entering the bathroom stall, clearly defeated by Lily, James came hurtling into the bathroom.

"James OUT NOW!" Marlene screamed.

James held his hands up in defense, "Look I don't want to be in here-" But Lily was already pushing him out of the bathroom and into the dorm, followed by a now furious Marlene who looked like she could snap James in half.

Marlene stood with her arms folded across her chest, one eyebrow raised. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She demanded.

"So I take it Sirius hasn't got here yet?"

"Why would Sirius be here?" Lily piped up, suddenly worried.

"We were all out on the grounds, and then Fabian came over asking for you Marls-"

"Fuck."

"Yeah fuck, Sirius asked him why he would care, and was being a bit cocky, up in Fabian's face, you know they've never gotten along."

"James hurry up, if you said he left before you it won't be long before he also comes hurtling through that door and I need to know what was said."

"And Fabian snapped, and mentioned something about him being awfully confident for someone who couldn't even please his own girlfriend."

"Fuck."

"Yeah you said that once already Marls, and I bet you know how Sirius reacted too, it's one thing him thinking that you had a hickey and kissed Fabian a couple of times, but you could tell from the way Fabian said it that he clearly had done more than that." James said sheepishly looking over at Lily. "What's the plan?"

"Fuck."

"Okay, I'm getting out of here with Marls, she can't deal with this right now clearly." Lily said glancing over at her friend who was stood muttering 'fuck' under her breath.

"Where are you going to go?"James asked, his mind racing. "Why don't we just charm the girls dorms so that boys can't get in here?"

Lily looked at James, "Like we did last year when they wouldn't stop having sex in here?" She said, smiling a little at the memory.

"Yeah, I'll get out." James said smiling and moving towards Marlene before hugging her tightly. "It will all work out Marls, don't worry, I'll calm him down." He said before leaving the room.

As soon as the door shut behind James, Lily got to work charming the dorms, ensuring that none of the boys could get in here, while Marlene started to panic.

"Do you think he saw?" Marlene questioned.

"Saw what? The test? No. James avoids looking at anything that isn't a person in our dorm, never mind the bathroom."

"I think he knew."

"Why?" Lily said turning around and looking at Marlene.

"I know him, and the hug he just gave me wasn't a normal hug like when Sirius and I usually argue, or I've been upset or angry before, it was a gentle hug." Marlene tried to explain. "He was being careful, like I was about to break."

"Marls, you have lost weight you know, he probably thinks you could snap." Lily consoled her friend.

There was a loud banging on the door, and shouting from the other side. "Marlene Mckinnon let me into this dorm right now, or I will turn around and never come back. I swear to Merlin if you don't let me in this is the end of us." Marlene looked up at Lily, tears filled her eyes at the thought of losing Sirius.

"Don't" Lily whispered.

"I can't not let him in, I can't lose him Lily." Marlene said moving towards the door.

"Mckinnon I'm serious." Sirius shouted.

Marlene opened the door to Sirius, neither of them said a word, they just stood and looked at each other.