I AM

I am broken

I am broken. Life takes me in its grasp and tears me apart. My happiness, my joy, my passion... They are targeted, because I must stay weak. My victory would mean it loses. That he loses. And he does not want that. So he will use life to tear me to pieces.

I am imperfect. I will always make mistakes. Like everyone else, I have flaws. Too prideful. Too begrudging. Too scared. Too arrogant. Too worldly. There's a number of flaws, and I have them. I will make mistakes. I'm only human.

But...

No matter what life throws my way... No matter what mistake I make...

I will never be alone. He will walk beside me. When I fall, He shall extend a hand to help pick me back up. When it seems everything is dark and I don't know where to go, He will light my way. If I make a mistake, He will let me back with open arms.

Because I am loved.

I am washed. Coming into this world, I was captured. Caught in a web of sin strung so very long ago. It turned me dark. Tainted what was meant to be pure with darkness. But the blood enveloped me, and when it was gone, once more I was pure. As white as I was meant to be.

I am a soldier. In a world full of unseen battles, I have a sword that can cut through all. With an ally nobody can stand against, I rush out onto the battle field. Slaying those that lurk in the darkness. Saving those the darkness tries to consume. I will not be defeated with the armor I wear.

I am an outsider. In a world that thrives itself, I run from it. Rather than indulge on what the world has to offer, I search for something more. I believe in the truth no matter what the world tells me. I am part of the world, but not of it. It may lead to me being shunned, but I shall remain as part of a crowd the world doesn't know how to accept.

I am forgiven. I did nothing to deserve it, but because of His love... I was anyways. As unworthy as I was, He made me worthy.

And because of this...

I am saved. In exchange for Heaven and happiness, He took Earth and hardships. Left the right hand of the throne for a cross of unimaginable anguish. So that one day, I can join Him in Heaven.

Jesus came for me.

He died, but in three days rose. And one day He will come again. And I shall go with him.

Why?

Because above all else that could be said about me...

I am God's child.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Cover at top by Kayla-Writes