Chapter 3

Let me say this, it sucks being a girl. I mean, all guys have to do to dress up is take a shower, throw on some dressy clothes and maybe style their hair. Us girls? We need to first find the perfect dress that would flatter our body types. We don’t wanna look too thin or too fat, or too short or too tall. The dress also needs to complement our complexion and haircolor. Then of course, let’s not forget matching shoes, accessories and handbag. That sorted out, we need to focus on our bodies next. After a painful and gruelling process of tweezing and waxing and showering and ‘lotion’ing and hair-straightening and nail-painting, we finally feel confident enough in our bodies to face a date.

It took me and Sasha 4 hours, yes 4 effing hours, to get me ready. Sasha is like a bulldozer. Once she decides to take on a task, there is just no stopping her. Today, unfortunately, she had taken up the task of torturing me. I mean, I know I want to look good for my first date with Alex, but does it really have to take so long?!

Sasha didn’t even allow me to have a decent lunch. We just ate a chicken sandwich each on our return from the shopping trip. I hope I don’t make a pig out of myself when I finally get some food in front of me on this date.

But, finally..FINALLY..we were done. And it was about time too. It was now 5.55 pm, which meant Alex would be getting here in 5 minutes. I was now all dolled up in a dazzling red dress. It was strapless, hugged my bust and then flared out, stopping just an inch above my knees. I had paired the dress with black 4 inch heels. My dull brown eyes seemed to glitter and looked way bigger than usual. My lips too appeared to be fuller. It’s all thanks to Sasha and her amazing makeup skills. She had also done my hair. She twisted them, piled them over my left shoulder and pinned them together. I looked at the mirror. Oh wow, I look H-O-T!!!

Just then the bell rung and Sasha went to open the door. Sasha had forbidden me to eagerly wait beside the door, like I wanted to. The guy was supposed to be the one to do the waiting. I was to make an entrance after 5 minutes.

I impatiently stared at the clock, willing the 5 minutes to be over already. I heard Sasha’s tinkling laughter from downstairs and couldn’t wait anymore. I still had another 2 minutes to go, but whatever. I picked up my purse and made my way down the stairs.

Alex and Sasha were standing near the foot of the stairs. Sasha was teasing Alex about the date. Hearing the clatter of my heels as I carefully made my way down the stairs, they both turned to look at me. Alex’s mouth fell open and he stared at me from the top of my head right down to my toes. There was awe, pride, admiration...and *gulp*..lust in that steady gaze of his.

“Dare I say, my lady, that you look truly beautiful tonight.” Alex said, grabbing hold of my hand and bowing in a medieval chivalrous manner.

I giggled. “Thank you, my kind sir.”

He grinned and placed a small kiss on the back of my hand.  I blushed. He himself looked absolutely breathtaking. He was wearing a black, fancy shirt and black jeans. He looked gorgeous and I knew he managed to look this great without putting in bloody 4 hours!

“I will leave you two lovebirds alone. Have fun on your date tonight. Bye, lovelies.” Sasha said, rushing out of my house, towards her car. When she was halfway down the driveway, she shouted, “USE PROTECTION!!!”