3. Catching Up

Começar do início

"P-Prof-fessor L-Lupin? As in Remus Lupin?" James asked, choking. The serious moment had passed, and Harry could not feel more pleased.

Hermione nodded.

"I knew it! I knew Moony had it in him! Padfoot owes me five galleons," he said doing a mini war-dance.

Everyone laughed.

"I'll get going then," said Hermione.

"I'll come with you," Ron said, obviously wanting to get out of being in an awkward situation amidst a reunited family. "Here," he said passing on the Invisibility Cloak to Harry. "You won't want the — ahem — the imposters — to get caught!" He said nodding over to James and Lily.

"For the first time in your life, Ron," said Hermione, "you've done something which is not stupid."

Ron's ears went red.

"Actually 'Mione," Harry began, thinking deeply, "I reckon it's the second time."

James doubled up with laughter. Even Lily couldn't help but give a small smile.

As Ron and Hermione made their way to Dumbledore's office, Harry, with his parents hidden under the Invisibility Cloak, started for the Room of Requirement.

"So what were you thinking and laughing at, which you couldn't tell in front of Weasley and Lily Jr.?" his father asked in an empty hallway.

"I have a feeling down my gut that those two will end up together," Harry replied, controlling his laughter.

"Yeah, me too," his father said.

As Harry opened the door to the Room of Requirement, they found themselves in a cozy place with couches and chairs and a table, all in vibrant red and gold.

"So Harry, you're a Gryffindor?" his mother asked, shedding off the cloak.

"Yeah mum," he replied.

"I told you Lils, my son is a true Gryffindor like me!" Harry did not feel like telling him that the Sorting Hat had nearly put him in Slytherin.

"I'm going to go freshen up a bit," Lily said, leaving father and son alone.

"Um . . . dad?" Harry spoke up. "In which year did you and your friends become animagi?"

"Ah! It took us three years, but we had perfected it in our fifth year," James replied.

"Well . . . um . . . willyouteachmehowtobecomeone?" Harry asked him.

"Whoa there, slow down son."

"Will you teach me how to become one?" Harry repeated, almost in a whisper.

"Of course! I thought Padfoot had already taught you the art of becoming an animagus."

"He didn't."

"Don't worry prongslet, now I'm here . . . and I'm going to make you a true marauder," James replied, rubbing his palms in glee.

"I don't know much about pranking, dad," Harry said. "Between Voldemort after me, and detentions from Snape, and sometimes the others, I don't have time for that. But the Weasley twins are surely the biggest pranksters in the school. Their aim is to open a joke shop in Diagon Alley. They're pretty good at it too."

"Hmm . . ."

"Dad?" Harry spoke up again. "Cedric's not gonna take any of that money we won. I don't need it. I had decided to give it all to Fred and George if I got it, for their joke shop funding, because in these times what we all need is a few laughs. Do you and mum mind that?"