5. Memories

"That was fun," James said as he and Lily emerged from underneath the invisibility cloak in the Room of Requirement.

"Yeah, it was," Harry said, grinning widely. Though it was childish of him, but he had really enjoyed the Dursleys suffering for once, as a change.

"That reminds me," Sirius spoke suddenly, drawing out his wand and pointing it at Remus. "Who are you, and what have you done to our Moony?"

James and Lily laughed.

"Yeah," said James. "I've never seen you yelling, or swearing, or losing your temper on anyone!"

"I can tolerate anything happening to me, but not on my nephew," Remus spoke.

Harry's heart swelled with happiness and he felt touched on hearing this.

Lily sniffed back a tear. "Oh, Moony!" she cried and hugged him fiercely.

Sirius mimicked Lily. Sniffing, he said, "I didn't know — could be — so — sentimental — Remus!"

Remus glared at Sirius as Lily smacked him at the back of his head.

"So, where're we going to spend the night?" James wondered out aloud, after they'd had dinner from the food that lay on the table, which Dumbledore might have sent. No sooner had he said this, the couches were replaced by two single and a double four-poster beds.

"I'll run back to my dormitory now," Harry said.

"So, you're not spending the night here?" Lily asked.

"No," said Harry. "Ron and Hermione will definitely be up right now and must be waiting for me to narrate the incident."

Remus passed him the invisibility cloak. "Off you go then, Harry!"

James pouted as Harry grabbed the cloak. He probably had been looking forward to some midnight excursions, but one look from Lily quieted him before he could open his mouth.

As Harry had expected, Ron and Hermione were sitting in the common room waiting for him, and at once bombarded him with questions.

Harry told them all about what had happened at the Dursleys. Hermione didn't disapprove, but she settled on for a small smile. Ron was not as quiet with his expressions, and laughed maniacally.

"I can't believe it!" he said. "Perhaps you could show this to us once we're done with showing the memories to your parents."

Harry nodded. It had definitely been a long day for him, and he had not yet gotten over the night in the graveyard.

"If you don't mind now, I'm going to sleep," he said stifling a yawn.

Ron followed him, as Hermione moved to the girls' dormitory. Harry fell asleep before his head could hit the pillow.

The next morning was particularly hot, drawing the students indoors. Exams were long over, and three days still remained of the school year, so the Gryffindors had nothing to do other than lazing around in the common room. All, except three.

Harry, Ron and Hermione had sprinted off the Room of Requirement as soon as they'd woken up ad got ready, much to the annoyance of James Potter and Sirius Black, who had been forced to wake up by the three intruders.

"Geoff!"James whined as Harry tried to wake him up.

Ron had brought Pigwidgeon along to serve this purpose. The tiny owl hooted in excitement and twittered loudly, flying around the room in circles and occasionally pecking the two sleepy figures.