I let him lead me through the house to the back hallway where we turned right before stopping in front of a wooden door. Talon removed his arm from my shoulders and opened the door, stepping back to   let me inside. I walked past him and went straight to the bed, collapsing on it, realizing just how tired I was.

“Sleep tight Kenz. I’ll see you when you wake up. I love you baby sister and it really is great having you home,” Talon said, kissing my forehead before walking out of the room.

When I woke up the sun was high in the sky, indicating that it was midafternoon. I stretched my arms above my head before rolling out of bed and walking to my suitcase in the corner. Grabbing a pair of shorts and a purple tank top, I changed into them before slipping my phone in my pocket and walking out the door. I could hear voices of the other occupants of the house so I followed the noise until I reached the living room where my brothers sat with Nikki and Malachi.

“You’re awake!” Nikki yelled as I walked in the room and took a seat on the couch next to Malachi.

“Yeah. How long was I asleep for?” I questioned, tucking my legs underneath me.

“A couple of hours. You seemed really tired so we didn’t want to wake you,” Talon answered, handing Jayson his ball that had rolled under his feet.

“Thanks,” I answered.

“How have you been Kenzi? And don’t even think about sugar coating it, you know I can see right through you,” Easton asked, fixing his eyes on me from his spot in the armchair across from me.

I gave him a small smile, knowing he was right.

“I’ve been good, honestly. Chloe’s not around much since she’s so busy with work so it’s harder since i’m home alone with the boys most of the time. James, Jen, and Parker help me out a lot. There’s usually at least one of them at the house at a time. It’s actually James who has the boys right now. School’s going great. There’s a daycare center on campus that I take advantage of when I’m in class. I’ve missed everyone here like crazy, but everything’s been going really well other than that,” I answered, meeting everyone’s eyes as I spoke.

“I’m glad. We’ve all been worried about you,” Talon said.

“I’ve been fine. I will admit, the past three years would have been easier if I had stayed here, but that wasn’t an option at the time,” I said.

“Is it an option now?” Nikki asked quietly after a moment.

“I don’t know. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately and after seeing Talon with Jayson, I’m starting to realize my boys need their dad, no matter how much of a douche he was to me,” I answered after thinking for a minute.

“Wow. You’re really sounding like a mom,” Easton said, giving me a proud smile.

“I sure hope so,” I commented with a smile of my own.

“Wait wait wait. You’re a mom?” a very surprised Malachi asked from beside me, finally finding his voice.

My eyes widened, just remembering that he was there in the room with us. Malachi was the first person besides my family and Tegan that knew about my sons.

“Yeah. I have two year old twin sons, Cain and Asher,” I answered, turning to face him so I could see his reaction.

“Is that why you left?” he asked after a moment.

“Part of it,” I answered before telling him the whole story. It wasn’t as hard to tell the story as it had been when I had to tell my friends back in Phoenix. I guess time really does heal all things. Plus, Malachi may have been Easton or Talon since I’ve known him my entire life and he had always treated me like a little sister.