"Apply to H&M. They're hiring."

She nods.

Finally, the late prof comes and opens up the door, letting all the lazy students, such as myself, inside.

Then, someone taps on my left shoulder. I look to the left of me, yet no one stands there. Automatically, I look to my right and find J with a smug smile on his face. I nearly roll my eyes out of their sockets.

"What do you want?"

"Want to skip?" he asks.

I frown, "No. I'm right in front of my class."

"Come on," he says, walking backwards.

I walk in my class and drop my typed assignment on the prof's desk, then quickly sneak out, while everyone is still standing around and chatting vicariously. The old fart won't notice, because he's too busy setting up the projector.

In a minute, the halls fall empty and J is still walking backwards. He sees me coming and looks like he's ready to hear a funny joke. I just follow quietly.

"Can't believe you made me skip class," I scold, expressionlessly.

He shakes his head, "I didn't make you do anything."

Fair game.

"Where are we going?"

"A place for psychos, I guess."

Why must I like him so much? He's so dislikable. I stare at his cupid's bow. I smile quietly. His bright eyes are pronounced. I'm vulnerable and gullible under them. His jawline creates shadows that aren't even there. I want to pinch myself. I pinch myself, before he grabs my hand.

I can tell his jeans are new, as there are no holes set in them yet.

"Will we eat, at least?" I rub.

He nods, reassuringly, "Only heavenly food."

"Will there be champagne?"

"Compromise on wine."

I make an unimpressed face, which makes him snort after.

"Will the police find a dead body in the canal?"

J inhales a long breath, then replies, "Not easily."

For some reason, I like his answer. Once we reach out the building, it's pouring. The clouds cry and the rain violates me.

"How do you not have an umbrella, I mumble. We jog down the pathway.

"I've got something better," J says to me.

I find it odd that he pulls me to the lot instead of the campus. The cement finds the opportunity to trip me and grit against my sneakers. I drag my feet when he shows me a black car. The headlights flicker on when he presses the unlock button.

"Yours?" I ask.

"Got it yesterday," he answers.

"Nice," I say, drawing my finger on the wet window, "How'd you afford it?"

"I don't want to sound crude," he mentions. I open the door and hop in. He starts the engine. "But I'm one of those Jewish boys with a rich uncle."

I glance between the steering wheel and his face.

"You're Jewish?" I ask, unconvinced.

His answer is a shoulder shrug. I look at his face some more.

"Moroccan Jew."

"That sounds like a new Frappuccino from Starbucks," I play with the heating system.

He drives smoothly on the road to I don't know where.

"And what about you?"

"What about me?" I ask, raising a brow, "I'm half Jamaican, half Italian."

"Well then, you sound like a spicy pasta dish."

"At least I'm a full meal," I comment.

Talking about food makes my belly grumble. We laugh away.

"Since we're laying it all on the table," J puns, "What's your real name?"

"If I tell you, will you stalk me on Facebook?"

"Yes," he bluntly answers, with comedic smile.

I grin, "My name is Sisi."

"Jacob."

"I've heard things about you."

"Believe them."

"The thing is, Jacob," I say, letting his name grow on me. "I already have a 'one-night stand' at home. It's got two drawers and it holds my lamp quite well. It's also where I put my phone when it needs to charge. I dust it off here and there. I mean, it's got a few mug stains."

"You're hurting my feelings," he grins.

"Aren't you going to hurt mine, eventually?" I ask, pressing my lips in a tight line.

"I don't usually plan an itinerary when I take a girl out on a date."

I'm in shock and bordering comatose.

"This is a date?" I ask in hushed tones.

"No, this is not a date," he smirks.

Before, I wasn't really thinking well. Frogs jump up and down in my stomach. My head spins left and right. Oh my God. My face heats up, and I don't know what to do with myself. He can't be my boyfriend, even if he were perfect. I've never had a boyfriend, so I don't know how those things work.

"You're so lame," I try to act cool.

He grins quietly. I die slowly.

·•●⦁·