Chapter 8: New Beginning

A week later...

Joy's POV

I was helping my dad and brother pack my luggage in the car. Today I was leaving for London.

I was excited, nervous, and sad all at once.

The last box was put in the trunk and we started saying our goodbyes. Yesterday I went to my mom's grave and told her everything.

"I'm gonna miss you little sis!" My brother gives me a tight hug and kiss on my cheek. "I'm gonna miss you too big bro. Also I'm gonna be back for any spring breaks, vacations, and holidays." I tell him. He smiles and hugs me one last time. "Tell Aunt Mae I said hi." Was the last thing he said, before I got in the car with my dad and drove off.

My dad and I talked about how much he's going to miss me and I have to call him twice everyday. Once in the morning and once at night. The whole time I was holding on to my necklace, felt warm. Weird. We were on the highway heading to the airport.

I started to look around. I didn't see anyone I knew. Maybe my soul mate is near.. I thought.

Dad dropped me off and we bid our goodbyes and I love you's.

I started walking inside my terminal with all my luggage. Until I heard a faint call of my name.

I turned around to see Jack waving at me. He was holding a huge poster that says I'll miss you, Joy. He blew his hot breath on the glass and wrote I love you.

My smile was as wide as the Cheshire Cat. I blew a kiss and he pretended to catch it and place it on his lips. I waved goodbye and walked to my terminal.

 I waved goodbye and walked to my terminal

~~~
Joy's POV

After a long trip from Seattle to London I finally made it! I was rolling my cart filled with luggage to the entrance and I see my Aunt Mae with blonde curls wearing jeans and a hoodie. She's my dad's youngest sister. She's about 38, I think.

I run up to her and giver her a bear hug. Last time I've seen her I was only 8 for my mom's funeral. "Look at how big you've grown!" She kisses my cheek. "And you look just like your mother!" I blush.

"Thanks." I say, not really believing her. She helps me with my luggage and packs it into her car. "So where do you live?" I ask. "Not far from Oxford. Like a 15 minute walk to get there." She replies.

We drive and jam out to my iTunes playlist. I was starting to like Aunt Mae. She may be 38 but she acts like she's my age.

When we get to her house 2 teenage boys chase each other outside. I pull them back by their shirts. "Oliver? Vincent?" I ask in surprise.

They turn their heads. "Joy!" They give me a tight squeeze.

"Look at how big you've grown! You're taller than me and you're only 13 and 14!" I exclaim.

Wow I'm really short...

~~~

After packing up my stuff I went out to check out the university. I started walking until I bumped into someone. They spilled their coffee all over me.

"God, I'm so sorry!" He said trying to wipe off the coffee from my hoodie. "No, no, no. It's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going." I reply.

I quickly take off my hoodie. I was only wearing my tank top and it was freezing.

"Oh you must be freezing, here." He hands me his sweater. "Thanks."

He extends his hand forward. "Michael." He says.
I shake his hand. "Joy."

"You attend Oxford?" He asks. "Yeah, I'm from Seattle. Just got here." I smile.

"Cool, mind if I show you around?" He asks. I nod.

Michael shows me around campus and we talk about ourselves. It's actually his second year here!

He even takes me on the huge farris wheel and to the Big Ben.

We go out for some donuts, he gives me his number, then walks me home.

I plop on my bed. "At least I have one friend around here." I mumble.

So im off to the airport right now. Sorry if i couldnt post more :( -Author