39-Easy

We spent the rest of the day doing whatever and riding around. By now we have gone and gotten ice cream, messed around on a playground and walked around. We also sort if made out in the back of the car, but that's not important at all... Right now we are walking in the park.

"Look at that little kid" I said, pointing at a cute little boy, going down the slide. I felt fingers reach down to mine and weave together. I looked up at Jacob and smiled. Suddenly we stopped and he tilted my head up towards his.

His eyes glanced down before he leaned in, so I did the same. I could feel his hot, minty breath on my lips before that feeling was lost. I opened my eyes to see he was turned around with his phone to his ear.

"Yeah," he said and I heard the other person talking. I put my weight on one foot before placing my hands on my hips. Not because he interrupted, but because I heard a female voice. "Ok I'll see you soon" he said before hanging up. He turned back around to me and smiled.

"Who was that?" I asked, nearly yelling. "My mom, calm down" he said, placing his arm over my shoulder and kissing my cheek. "She wants me home for some reason" he said and led both of us back to the car.

We came to the stop sign and saw no cars so we ran across successfully, or at least Jacob did. I let out a loud scream before the metal front screeched to a stop. That was the last thing I saw before everything went black.

Jacob's P.O.V.
Of course I feel bad, but I don't think Katie realises how much easier things just got for me...