PROLOGUE

"Yadein..."
----------
it was a beautiful night with the sky full of twinkling stars... a beautiful girl...around the age of 18 was standing in her balcony with a jar of fireflies... her eyes were fixed on stars... a lone tear escaped from her eyes...she immediately closed her eyes...and smiled remembering some thing....she opened her eyes and ran towards her bed.... a beautiful red dairy was there.... she made her self comfortable on her bed and took the dairy in her hand....closing her eyes she took a deep breathe and opened the dairy....
"Meri yadein" was written on the first page....she changed the page and started reading it further...
"hire my lovely dairy..naya saal... neyi yadein.."Mumbai" yes sweetheart...m I Mumbai... kafi weired city hain... but jo v hain... I just love this city"was written on the second page"....the girl changed the page..

" today was my collage's first day... and on the very first day I met a monster...no... don't be surprise.... he is really a monster.... matlab...he banged on me....and instead of saying sorry he showed showed me attitude!! and when I retorted back.... he poured the cold coffee on me!!!!! MONSTER!!!! "...reading this the girl chuckled and changed the page....
"My 2nd day of collage was worse than the first....that monster ... and his weird friends.... they love to bully people ...you know what they have done???? unhone Navya ko dustbin me band kr diya...that too with a rat!!!! poor soul!!! and when I tried to help her... that monster...usne merepe egg pheka!!!!! I just hate him...Monster!!!"..."such a monster"...said the girl and sighed in disbelief... and turned the page....

"his spot and me!!!! never... but do I have any other option!! l have to do this for my "Appa's pen"...aayappa!!!! he is going to trouble me out of shit!!!! and kare v kyu na... uske sare plans jo mayne fail kr diya"....reading this the girl's only reaction was...."Aiyappa!!! .."

"aaj mujhe kuch aisa pata chala that left me shocked....monster and his gang... they all were from broken families... and that monster has tied them with music.. music is their only love.... and they 5 can do anything for each other.... what a yarriyan... m impressed... and one more thing... the monster really sing well"...( ;-) ) wink wink...

she quickly read some more pages...all the time she was laughing on their cute "nok-jhok"....and then came a page....

"itna bura v nehi hain wo....he has a good heart...matlab aaj jaise he helped the poor girl..he is really good..... but pata nehi kyu... hamesha wo monster bnne ki kosis krta hain...!!...

"god knows what is he....I felt like m falling for him....no it can't be true.... he is a monster...."
"today he said... m his shining star... he confessed so purely that I was literally lost in his eyes....

"today me and my monster....became "Us"...yes... from together... we are one for hamesha...and you know what dairy... the fireflies were also glowing today on their brightest shade....and glowing of fireflies is the sign of true and pure love.... yes we are in love"....suddenly the girl kept the dairy aside and took the jar of fireflies.... they were glowing....a small smile spread over the girl's lip....
she again took the dairy and turned the page and saw sone pages were blank.."Strange...why these pages are blank"...and she kept on turning the pages...and after 20to pages she saw something written on it...and starts reading it....
" hey dairy...how are you... hope you are well... but m not.... after so many days m writing... but the fact is.. I really don't have anything to write...my life is so empty without him... it has been 3months he left me... all alone... left me for crying... what was my fault haan???? why aiyappa.. why did you do this to me... on the musicana night... he marked me as his... he promised me to be with me hamesha.... but.... usi raat ko... he left me..... left me all alone... why... why hamesha with me!!! pehle amma aappa... fir wo v.... am I that bad...don't I have any right to be happy? haan dairy??? tell na"...the girl was in tears after reading this....she turned the page and continued reading....

"uff....monster... please come back... handling your friends without you is the most difficult thing in the earth... god knows tum yeh kaise krte the.... matlab... baccho se v worse hain yeh.... choti choti baat pe jhagra....I can't handle them anymore..."..the girl shook her head and said..."still they are same"...

"I can't take it anymore.... he pain inside me is growing by each passing day... its killing me... please aaiyappa... give him back to me.... m incomplete without him...his friends have lost their music... the only thing which was their life....they are only breathing but jeena bhul gaye hain... you can't be so cruel aiyappa.... please send him back...please..."...tears were not stopping of the girl....the closed the dairy and tried to feel the pain...and she felt too.....her hands were shivering....her heart was not permitting her to read further... but she gatherd some courage and turned the page... the next page left her shocked....

"god dairy... m sooo happy today... he is back.... yes he is... abb everything will be alright...uske friends...they got their life back.... I got got my heartbeat back...my world was colourless without him...but now every thing will change...I can't express my happiness in words...."...now the girl was having the tears of joy... she was smiling and crying at the same moment.... she reached the last page of dairy... but before she could read it..."Manvi....sweetheart...dinner is ready"....a voice came from the hall... and she instantly replied..."Coming Mukti mashi..."...she left the dairy there and ran towards the hall..."were you crying. sweety?"...Mukti asked her with rising her eyebrow...."wait... you were again again reading your mamma's dairy? m I right"....asked Mukti... and Manvi smiled sheepishly.... and hugged her Mukti mashi...."you know na how much I love them..." ..Mukti was about to say something when another voice came from the door...."did we missed some thing?"....it was none other than Cabir... along with Navy, Alia and Dhruv..."nothing the same old stuff"...said Mukti..."where are the kids...??" asked Mukti... and they... shouted..."hum yaha hain"...Abeer, Cavya, Sonia and Sid.... Manvi ran towards them and hugged them...."loo... mil gaye junior fab5"....said Cabir and everybody laughed...everybody was having their dinner... and in Manvi's room the dairy was still open.... and the fireflies were also glowing.... when Mukti came and took the dairy...."its our third anniversary....we have a new Angel in our life..."Manvi"....and I hope we will happily leave for ever after...."
reading this Mukti closed her eyes..a lone tear escaped...

Mukti's POV

kash wo din na aata.... kash wo accident na hota....kash.....
thinking this Mukti again opened the dairy.... the last line written on it was...
Manik and nandini.... manan... for each other...till the stars shines and the fireflies glows....