Chapter 9

Well, I assume I'm allowed on because my dad was joking about a number 'like the number of reads I had on that one site'. So, it's okay?

You woke up in your bed, the sun shining warmly on your blankets. You were warm, and the air was fresh, tainted with the smell of bacon and eggs. You hopped up out of bed, throwing off the covers and scrambling downstairs.

Your dad was in the kitchen, smiling broadly, cooking food. He pulled a pan of biscuits out of the oven and set them on the counter. "Hey, snowflake! Sleeping till 12? You silly girl."

Panic gripped you. "12?!" You shrilled. "I'm late for school!" Tom threw back his head and laughed. He held his sides, laughing so hard he doubled over. "Daddy! I'm late for school!"

"No, it's Saturday!" He wheezed. You stared at him, then flushed from embarrassment. Saturday. Of course. You hadn't realized it because you had slept through the rest of the day.

"Oh..." You murmured. Tom chortled and hugged you.

"Oh, silly ice princess. I love you so much." He rubbed noses with you and you giggled. "Ready for breakfast?"

"Yeah!" You nodded eagerly. He finished putting the food on plays and set them on the table. You grabbed a bunch of biscuits and slathered them with all the stuff you loved. You shoved your mouth full of bacon and eggs, making pleased noises.

The food was so delicious!

Tom smiled, watching you. He ate his food calmly and nicely, unlike you. "Oh! I met this sweet lady at the bookstore the other day. She has a daughter your age. Her name is Frostine." ((Yes, Taylor, I used your name.))

"'Frostine'?" You rolled the name on you tongue. "Different, but I like it. What was the woman's name? And why are you at the bookstore? Are we going to visit the lady?" You bombarded him with question.

"Slow down, slow down!" He chuckled. "The woman's name was Barbra. I was at the book store, getting books for you." You grinned. "And yes, of course. Her daughter is super sweet, like you. I thought you'd like to be friends. She is like a much calmer version of Dawn."

You began to laugh. "Great! Amazing! And what books did you get me?" The rest of your breakfast was spent talking about books, and the woman you were about to meet. You were nervous and excited.

Nervcited.

Nervcited indeed.