So Much For A Cousin

Chapter 24 -  So Much For A Cousin

LOGAN HUNT

Logan knew he had done the right thing when he called her his girlfriend. She was his. Period.

Once he was out of the mess he was in, then he would ask her to stay. With him. Forever.

He knew he was in love with her. Just this morning he woke up beside her and suddenly it struck him.

He loved her.

All he had to do was get his company back to it's position, talk his father out of the merger contract, pursue Alexis and persuade her that he was the one for her.

Yeah, right. Better said than done.

He knew she was trying to retreat. He could see the uncertainty flashing in her eyes the moment he would leave her alone. Even if it was for a few moments.

He knew he had pushed it a little far that he called her his girlfriend without even asking her.

But what was there to ask. They shared a bed, they went out on dates. Okay so no dates yet. But he felt close to her than any other woman.

He wanted to do something for her. Something that showed her how much he loved her.

Maybe a dinner would persuade her.

And Kayla would just hit him upside the head for a cliché move.

Damn. Kayla was all help. Verbally. Don't do this, don't do that.

And all he could think of was nothing.

He needed help. And maybe he just had to ask the Satan.

********

"Logan?" Dave's voice came clear through the phone.

"What are you doing there?" Logan frowned.

"I am staying with Tess for a while."

Logan narrowed his eyes. "Hand the phone to Tess."

"She says she doesn't want to talk to you."

"I even added asshole at the end of the sentence" a muffled voice said.

"Dave. Hand her the phone before I get Lexi to kick your ass."

"Fine. So much for a cousin."

There was a lot of yelling and cursing but at the end Tess answered with a "What's up, asshole?"

"Oh c'mon. It was one show. Give it up already."

"It was Lexi's and you know it." He could imagine Tessa standing with her hand on her hip, an eyebrow cocked.

"We made a deal where she gets the best end."

"Yeah. A deal. A show which she hasn't even thought about. A show that still won't be announced for another two months or so."

"Tessa. I love her."

There was utter silence. For a moment he thought she had hung up but then she said "Go on."

"Tessa. I am sorry for that.  Please. Forgive me."

There was silence at the other end. 

"Lexi told me everything." He confessed.

Another moment of silence.

"Fine. What do you want?"

"I need to know everything that is to know about her."

********

Logan couldn't do anything but sit with his head in his hands on a bench in the gym downstairs in his hotel.

Last night they were both exhausted. It was nice to just sleep next to her. She felt like little fluffy bunny in his arms. And he had slept like a baby. But he woke up early.

While she had been resting in the suite, he had went downstairs and spent entire two hours in the gym trying to wear off his frustration.

From what Tessa told him, she hadn't had anyone to depend on. All her life she had struggled to be on top. Except for the financial help her grandfather had provided, she was all alone.

Tessa tried to do whatever she could. But Tessa was little when Lexi had adopted her. She had been the only parental figure Tessa had.

And Lexi took that seriously.

Lexi hadn't had a day for herself. Everyday was either spent worrying about Tessa or about Mirage or about her next line coming up. And now the paparazzi too.

If only he could help her relax.

That's it...

Kayla's voice resonated in his mind as he remembered what all she told him during their dinner.

You gotta prove yourself worthy of her. She needs to know you'd be there beside her, always.

She needed some fun. All her life she had struggled. Struggled to survive in the foster homes, struggle to run a fashion house, struggle to raise Tessa.

She had done nothing for herself. 

And he sure would teach her to be selfish for a while. To think of herself first before others.

Staying at his hotel would be good, since she didn't have tj worry about anything then.

But there was nothing in this hotel that would help her to think about her and only her. And also about them.

"Myra, book two tickets to Paris. And make sure noone knows about this. I want some time for myself."

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you." There was silence on the other end and he thought that she had hung up.

"N-No problem, Mr. H-Hunt." She stuttered.

Logan hung up and sat in the gym for five whole minutes laughing his ass off.

That was some reaction that he hadn't expected.

But that got him thinking, was he so rude that a little 'thank you' got Myra to stutter in shock.

He shook his head. He could think about that later.

He couldn't wait to see her reaction when he told her he was taking her away.

He had to pack his bags and show Alexis that his love was worth fighting for.

He couldn't wait to spend some time with her away from everything.

*****

So sorry for a late update. I've been going through a writer's block. God only knows why. I can't think of anything at all. Much less study for my upcoming exams. Still I'll try to update.

Vote and comment guys

- Nami