C H A P T E R E I G H T | E X - G I R L F R I E N D

His Tiny Abused & Innocent Runt
All Rights Reserved.
© Neva Bellthorn 2016

A knock at the door made me jump, Luca growled at whoever knocked on the door. "Come in." Luca says, the person at the door, who turned out to be a girl, waltzes in and skips over to Luca and sits on his lap.

This girl, she was blonde and a Barbie. I look down at the book in my hands. I can't really judge her if I don't know her.

"Did you miss me Lukkie?" She squeals, wrapping her arms around his neck. Luca grabs her her hand and pushes her off of his lap, she lands on the floor on her butt with a thud.

"I didn't miss you Layla and don't call me Lukkie. Have you met my Mate, Lila?" Luca asks, getting up from his desk chair.

'Layla' turned to me and looked me up and down. A disgusted look made its way to her face. "A runt, that's your Mate?" She says, I get up and leave the room.

I run from the palace and into the woods, I shift, tearing my clothes, and continue to run until I grew tired and had to stop.

I see a lake and head over to it. I drink from it and go sit in the shade of a large tree. I could feel Luca trying to push through my mental blocks but I pushed him out completely. I need some time to think.

As much as I've been told by Luca, that Layla girl is right. I'm a runt, I'm unworthy to be Luca's Mate and I know that now with the blood connection, he'll never reject me.

A twig snapping behind me, pulled me from my thoughts, I turn and see Britney, she was in wolf form, and in an attack position. I stand up and back away from her, right into a tree. She came closer to me and pounced on me, biting shoulder and scratching my side. I howl in pain. In the distance I hear a pained howl, Luca.

Britney, let go of my shoulder and backed up again. There was a growl behind us and Layla charged at me, ramming her head into my gut. The force of the headbutt pushed me back into the tree I was sitting under, my head hit the tree trunk and I felt some of my bones snap. I dropped to the grown and shifted back to my human form.

I look around me and see an opening to the left of me. I took off in that direction, not daring to look behind me. But as much as I ran, they were faster and caught up to me in no time.

Britney knocked me to the ground, and Layla bit my leg and scraped her claws down my side. I watched as blood poured from my wounds. I saw Britney go for the death bite but before she could she was knocked off off me by a midnight black wolf with gold patterns. Luca.

I take down my mental blocks and let him in. Go find somewhere safe to hide. Climb a tree, I've got this kitten. Luca says through our Mate link.

Without answering, I took off towards a tree and climbed it, I sat on a thick tree branch and waited. I saw black spots cloud my vision and before I knew it I was on the ground.

I just lay there, the will to move, to get to safety was long gone and before I could fight it darkness took over me and I blacked out.

LUCA'S POV

I shoved Britney into a tree, knocking her out. How does she keep escaping? Layla pounced on me but I pushed her into a tree knocking her out too.

Sire, Luna Queen was just brought into the medical clinic unconscious. Lily took her in for emergency surgery. You want to get here as quickly as possible it doesn't look good. My advisor, Leon tells me through the pack link. Prayers from the entire Royal pack fill my head. In just a short time, they have come to live Lila.

On my wayI say cutting the lunk to Leon. Danny, grab Britney and Layla and lock them away in metal lined cells. I don't want them to escape. And check the all prison cells, I don't want future prisoners to escape. I say to Danny who was hidden behind a tree a few metres away.

Yes Alpha King , right away. Danny says, cutting the link. Hurried footsteps of wolf paws reach my ears, and Britney and Layla are taken away.

I take of in a fast run, as soon as I'm near familiar ground, I shift and put clothes on. I rush into the palace, and head straight for the medical wing.

I saw Lily coming out of a room and rushed up to her. "Before you ask, we lost her on the table for one minute but we got her back, she lost a lot of blood and her wolf is gone again. She'll get her wolf back but not until she comes out of the coma she slipped into." Lily explains. I sit down on the nearest seat.

"When will she wake up?" I ask, my wolf was going nuts. He wanted to see our Mate, to know that she was breathing. "I don't know when she'll wake up, if the Moon Goddess is on our side, Lila should wake up within a few weeks. You can see her. Her room is just there, the one that I just came out of." Lily says, walking away. I get up and go to into the room.

Lila was lying there, covered in bandages. A heart monitor was connected up to her, her steady heartbeat set my wolf at ease, knowing thst she was breathing and still alive.

I go over to her bed, take her hand in mine and sit down in the plastic chair. "Please wake up kitten. I need you, now more than ever." I say to her, hoping that she would wake up.

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E !
I posted a picture of Lila's wolf in the last chapter. So I thought that I'd post a picture of Luca's wolf. Enjoy!

Love and light - Neva!