1

1 • THE BEGINNING

Lost in his own world, he was typing all his thoughts away. Just typing while the words were still stuck in his head. Since he's too focused on his laptop, he didn't even heard the three soft knocks that belonged to his housekeeper.

"Sir?"

That's when his head snapped up to the direction of his door, "Lisa, please don't call me sir. You can call me by my name."

It's his first time to hire a housekeeper since he doesn't have the time to clean the whole house by himself and to cook, do the laundry, and just do the chores around the house. 'Cause his time was always reserved for his writing.

"Alright. Uh, the food is ready, are you going to go downstairs or should I just bring your food up here?"

Michael stretched his arms out, relaxing his muscles for a second before answering, "I'll come down in a minute."

Lisa nodded and closed the door of Michael's office.

Though he already told her that he'll come down in a minute, there's still a lot more in his head that he needed to pour out. So, in one swift movement, he brought his chair closer to his table and began to type more and more words that's flooding his brain.

An hour has passed, and he didn't even noticed until his eyes landed at the time on his laptop. He sighed, finally feeling a bit contented but not quite and stretched his arms out again, bringing it behind his head to relax for a moment. He closed his eyes, not realizing that he fell asleep.

A smash of bottle was heard that caused Michael to hide more behind the curtains. He doesn't have any more place to hide. He's so scared that he can't think straight anymore.

"You little piece of shit! Don't hide from me! I'm not yet done beating your useless ass!" He flinched at the sudden rip of the curtain. He stared wide-eyed at his father, eyes filled with terror and fear. But his father didn't hesitate to grab a handful of his hair and drag him to the backyard.

He was yelling, yelling for his life. Yelling for him to stop. Yelling for help. But there's no one, and there will be no one who will save him as his father would always say to him.

Slap. Punch. Kick.

He was a crying mess. He didn't want to cry, he didn't want to show how weak he is. But it's too painful and it's too much. He can't stop the tears from falling and he's just nine years old.

"You're so worthless!" There's another punch in the face that made him land on the backyard floor and he didn't even thought he can cry more, just wishing that all of this would just stop. Then there's a certain kick on his stomach that caused him to spit blood. He squinted his eyes close, trying to stay conscious when he saw the blood and looked at it in complete horror.

No, this is too much.

His vision's getting blurry but his father still grabbed the beer bottle and aimed it to Michael's head...

"No, stop!" Michael jolted awake from his not-so-good position on his chair. He looked around his surroundings, eyes wide. His breathing was so fast like he ran a marathon, and his mouth dry and hanging open.

He sighed in so much relief when he realized it was just a dream, licking his lips, "Fuck, just a dream."

He doesn't really curse that much but when he does, there's a reason.

He stood up after regaining his normal breathing but winced when he felt his back ache from the way he fell asleep uncomfortably on the chair.

He looked at the clock and it has been three hours since he unintentionally fell asleep. So, he arranged his stuffs, closed all his devices and decided to go out. He locked his office and headed downstairs.

Lisa was cleaning the kitchen counter when he got there and he went to the fridge to get some cold bottled water.

"Uh, sir, you didn't actually came down a while ago so I just put your food in the fridge. Do you want me to heat it or cook something new for you?"

He shook his head, "It's alright, I'll just head outside for a bit."

Lisa nodded and made her way upstairs, probably gonna clean the other rooms.

-

It's just eight in the evening, Michael wandered down the street while taking a sip from the cold bottled water. He was trying to cool his mind from the horrible dream, when someone suddenly knocked the bottle off of his hand. He accidentally spit out some water but quickly recovered and wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeves.

"Oh, sorry," He said while crouching down to the woman that fell on the ground.

He noticed the girl was crying, her mascara's ruined, smudged around her eyes that made Michael guilty for some reason.

"Are you alright? Can you talk? Hey, look to me," The girl kept her head low and tried her best to stop herself from giving in to the man she doesn't even know.

She shook her head and pushed him away, "Back the fuck off."

Michael was a bit taken aback by the woman's attitude and raised his hands in defense, "Whoa, um, I just wanted to help."

The girl brought her hands to her face to try to lessen the embarrassment she's feeling.

"Do you want me to leave?"

The girl lift her head up a bit to see the guy's face and wow, he's so gorgeous. Was the first thing that came up to her head but she quickly shook her head.

"Just leave if you want to and stop asking questions."

Michael cleared his throat, "Alright, I won't ask any questions so just let me stay."

When the girl didn't respond anymore and was still covering her face, Michael scratched the back of his neck. He then grabbed the water bottle before gently removing the girl's hands from her face, "Here, you should drink this."

"Don't tell me what to do." She spat.

Michael smiled a little but quickly cleared it out of his face to not annoy the girl anymore. But he did a brave move and gently lifted her chin up to get her to talk to him properly, "Hey, it's okay, I'm here. Just drink this and I won't say a single word anymore."

The girl seemed to be a bit hesitant but he's kind and not to mention, he's handsome, she thought. She shook her head from thinking about him and took the bottle before drinking. Michael only smiled once and didn't bother talking anymore.

When the girl calmed down, Michael lend his hand out for her to take to help her get up. But all she did was look at it before standing up by herself, ready to leave.

Michael quickly retracted his hand and awkwardly placed it inside the pockets of his jeans.

"Uh, alright then. I hope to see you again, I guess..." But as Michael was saying that, the girl was already walking away.

-

thoughts? (:

W / 1205, E / 290718