Get It Right

(Listen to Glee's Get It Right)

MIKA'S POV

December 2016

153 steps...

I am a hundred and fifty-three steps away from the place that used to be my sanctuary - the first property I owned. It was a gift from Dad for my seventh birthday. It is a huge Narra tree in front of a lake. Situated above is a little wooden house and hanging in one of its huge branches is a human sized circular bed.

That place is the silent witness of the things I've been through - good and bad, rough and tough. I go there whenever I want to be alone and when we had to move to Manila when I was in high school, I made sure that I would spend some time there every chance that I get.

I used to be excited to go there until that day happened. It's been 21 months since the last time.

I drew a deep breath and took the trip down to my old sanctuary. I climbed up the ladder and hesitantly opened the door. I closed my eyes tightly and clasped my hands together as I stepped in. I looked around and smiled bitterly to myself. It was my sanctuary - mine alone - until I've decided to share it with him as I have welcomed him in my life. Yes, him - Kiefer. He's the only one that I have given a spare key; the only one I allowed here. The four walls are filled with our pictures together, his letters were all atop the mini table at the corner and all the stuff we had as a couple were scattered, including his blanket with our collage on it. It's funny though, because I don't remember buying them myself, he did, but he said it's all mine. I didn't want to argue then, I didn't want to spit as much bitter and hurtful words so I kept mum, accepted the stuff and walked away from his house.

I put down the box I was holding and started to place everything in. I have moved on, but I want to completely let go and I can't do that if I would still keep these. After all, this place is mine - not his. Once I was done, I surveyed the place and smiled to myself. "Now, this is MY haven. This is how it looked like before him." I sealed the box and went out. As I locked the door, I can't help but feel sad because I will miss this place.

I went down and placed myself in the swing and rest there for a while, looking at the sunset by the lake and capturing a clear photograph in my mind of the scenery. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

I was awakened by my cell phone ringing. I looked at it and saw my best friend calling. I picked it up and smiled a little when I heard her voice.

VIC: Bruh! We were all worried about you! We've been calling you since morning! Where the heck are you?

MIKA: I miss you too Bruh. *chuckles*

VIC: I'm serious here Ye.

MIKA: Chill Bruh. I'm fine. I just fixed some stuff here in Bulacan but I'm heading back tonight. Don't worry.

VIC: Are you sure? It's already late. Tell me where you are, Kimmy and I will fetch you.

MIKA: Nah. I can manage. I'll just see you guys tomorrow. Yes?

VIC: Yea. We got our schedule cleared out for you. *laughs*

MIKA: *rolled her eyes* Ha-ha. As if you really have something to do. May I remind you, the PSL just ended and I played with you guys! Feeler! Ts.

VIC: *laughs* Whatever you say Yeye! See you tomorrow. You take care. I miss you too. Bye!

Before I could even utter another word, she already cut off the line. I mentally shook my head and smiled to myself. I really got a weird set of friends, didn't I? Good kind of weird though.

I jumped off the swing and looked around for the last time - savoring every inch of this place. As I was satisfied, I picked up the box and took my last hundred and fifty-three steps across the street and went in my car. I drove away from my sanctuary with one thing in mind. First Step: DETACHMENT

***
A/N: #TeamMika I love Mika but I don't really ship her with Kiefer or Jeron or anyone so I am not yet sure how this would go. This might be a bit of about self empowerment. No one deserves to be defined by someone else's partner after all. Who's with me? 😅

Dedicated to Ms. closetfangirl08 I love her stories, her maturity, wit and especially her love and support for Mika. I salute you Madam for living up to Mika's mantra "be the better person" and there's no other way to do that than to know when to react or not.

Loving someone is not about throwing stones at every dog that bark along her way but being there for her, walking with her and guiding her as she reach for the stars. And I honestly think that what hurts more is to be ignored by the people you are trying to provoke. Yea? Let's be like Mika. Killing them with kindness and sometimes, killing them in a subtle but savage manner. The fans reflect their idols, let's be the classy and better fans then. Sorry for the rant, I would try to avoid it and make a shorter note next time.😂

Let's support the green all the way! 💚💚💚
Green >>>>>
#BattleReadyDLSU