3. Blaise and The Malfoy's

By Monday, I had packed my over-night things into my bag--as well as some prized possessions. I had a sneaking suspicion that Lacey had been stealing some of my clothes when I was in Hogwarts--and I wasn't leaving my prized possessions to be stolen by her.

So with my overnight things, I had the Marauder's Map, my photo-album and my wand. Those were the three items that I didn't want any single living soul touching without me knowing.

The imminent arrival of Draco was riling up the Oswins. The last time a Wizard came to the house--the truth was revealed about who I was; and then I left for the entire summer. 

I had used almost all of my muggle money buying a stupid new window, and my temper was short with the majority of the house inhabitants--well Mark and Lacey.

Mark kept lecturing me about teaching Draco to use the phone, and even though I was nearly broke--he still complained about the window. It was getting on my last nerve.

Lacey was a bit quieter because of my lie about Sirius, but days later, she came back more vindictive than ever. I think she was starting to cotton onto the fact that Sirius wasn't quite so mass-murdering material.

But it was good to see her squirm.

I was up as early as my tired body allowed me; to make sure I had everything ready. I had my rucksack with a change of clothes and my wizarding money stashed within.

I had a slice of cake that Harry had sent me (he was sending me cake to compensate for Hedwig's late arrivals--but I wasn't complaining any time soon) and I was eating it on my windowsill.

The sun was steadily rising, and I swung my boot clad feet back and forth in rhythm. I was dressed in a pair of knee length boots that Gennie had sent me for my birthday, that were hard wearing and also wonderfully comfy.

I had dark jeans on, my favourite long sleeved top on and my leather jacket tied around my waist. With my dark hair tied in a messy ponytail; I felt wide awake and alert.

Draco had never actually told me when he was coming to collect me. For all I knew, he could be coming at midnight, and I would be fast asleep and possible hit him in my sleep. But I couldn't wait to see him.

Letters weren't enough--I wanted to see him in person. And not to mention the fact that Gennie had made me feel awkward about him.

She swore that I was in love with him (as if), and that I would reveal it before Christmas. I wasn't even sure what I felt for Draco, for crying out loud! It was certainly a bit more than friendly affection; but it couldn't be love!

He was my brother's worst enemy! And to top it off, I disliked love now--all because of my stupid ex boyfriend Liam. He had broken my trust, by going out with other girl! I never got to have a confrontation with him, but I didn't want to.

I didn't want to see him with the girl, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. I wasn't even sure if I had loved Liam, but it hurt that he had cheated on me.

And say for instance I did start dating Draco--what if he cheated on me? I would be twice as paranoid and skeptical about love as I was to start with!

And in any case, I wanted to win my bet with Gennie.

A deafening bang came out of nowhere, and I jumped about a foot into the air. My cake soared out of the open window, and I groaned. The cake had been really nice!

As I stared at the splattered cake on the ground below, I saw what was causing such a ruckus. The Knight Bus. And who was coming out of the bus, and walking up my path? Draco Malfoy of course.