[ 8 ] ---..

Hey! O.o Chapter 8 already? Sorry for the short chapter and long wait, but I promise there will be some epic fight scenes coming up soon! Dedicated to my good friend @CrimsonDrops for their awesomeness and support XD And thank YOU for reading! Peace out (>.<)y

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I flicked the left indicator as I drove out of the hospital car park. Mafia-boy was in the back seat doing god knows what on his phone. Probably watching porn, indecent guy. The conference was to take place at 3pm in the Hotel Florideer which just happens to be a gruelling 3 hours’ drive from NYC. Man, it would take me an hour in my jag. Oh how I missed  my sleek, shiny Jaguar XF-R and it’s beautiful black leather interior, it’s godly new car smell-

“IRIS!”

I slammed on the breaks, the tyres skidding to an abrupt halt. The red car in front of us had collided head on with a car driving on the wrong side of the road. Bloody poms. The other idiot in the back seat then spoke. “Oi! Watch where you’re going! Don’t be in such a daze when you’re driving, for goodness sake! Precious cargo!”

Clenching my jaw, I turned to face him. “I apologize, sir. I will be more careful and considerate in future.”

“SHIT!” What? Does he need me to kneel with both my knees on the floor and beg for forgiveness?

I whipped my head around to face the road in frustration.

My eyes widened. “Shit!” I flung the door open swiftly and got out in a matter of seconds.

Giant flames engulfed the red Honda as smoke billowed out the grills furiously. I walked around the car cautiously to find the red and orange flames dancing in and around the car, scorching the vibrant red black. As I surveyed the passenger-side glass turning black, an ear-splitting, blood-curdling scream came from the other side.

They were still inside.

With my mind thrown into over-drive, I looked around for something to break the glass with, and finally settled on the handy thing called an elbow. Starting with a good run up, I rammed my whole body weight against the door with my elbow stuck out. Nothing. Take 2.  Bracing for impact, I ran a little faster this time and broke through.

Coughing on the sudden cloud of thick smoke, I reached in my pocket for a tissue to prevent smoke inhalation. Crap, it needs to be wet.

As if he read my mind, mafia-boy who now stood behind me grabbed the tissue and squirted with water from his bottle. “Hurry”

I turned back towards the car. More screams. Taking in a deep breath and covering my nose and mouth with the tissue, I stuck my head in. The floor was on fire. Through the black smoke, I could see the body of a woman slumped across the steering wheel. Her hand was outstretched towards the back seat. In the back seat itself there were two screaming people. Children.

I bent down quickly and manually unlocked the door with my free hand. I pulled my head out from the window and yanked the door open, coughing on the increased amount of smoke. With my eyes closed, I took in another deep breath. From somewhere close by, I heard mafia-boy.

“Be careful, Iris”

Feeling the blood trickling down from my elbow from when I broke the glass, I walked towards car once again. My eyes watered as I made my way into the passenger seat. Grabbing the arms of the lady in the driver’s seat, I quickly unbuckled her seat belt and dragged the lifeless body onto the road, cautiously as to avoid the menacing fire that raged on the floor of the car. Mafia-boy was waiting a safe distance away with wet sheets to wrap them in. He came forward and dragged the body away whilst on the phone to what seemed like the ambulance.

Gulping another big breath of fresh air, I progressed to the children in the backseat. By this point in time, the smoke had got to their small lungs and the young boy and girl lay slumped on the seat with the seat belt holding them in. Shit.

After unlocking the left door to the back seat, I dragged the little girl who was closest to me out. By now, the fire had spread to the whole front end of the car and was coming dangerously close to the gas tank.

Dragging the last body out, the one of the small boy, my legs began to shake before they completely gave way sending me tumbling down to the ground. I had inhaled too much. My eyes became fuzzy as I tried to lift what seemed like my 100 tonne head up of the ground. Sighing in defeat with what little oxygen I had left, I watched as the fire ferociously engulfed the rear end of the car.

Including the gas tank. It was going to blow. This is it. This is the end. Crap, I wish I could die a cooler death….Ah well.

Suddenly something moved beside me. The kid. Using all the energy I had left, I rolled over on top of the small body and wrapped my arms around him protectively, shielding him from the inevitable. I deserved to die, but the innocent don’t.

“IRIS!”

The car exploded.

Fireworks, that’s all I saw.