one

"hey michael!" i said as i hugged him. he and his family were gonna stay at our house for a while. i didnt even ask why, i always loved when we got to hang out.

"august! my favorite hemmings!" michael said as he hugged me back.

"hey!" luke, ben, and jack said at the same time. they all bro hugged, i never understood how it doesnt hurt them when they do that. "have you been practicing?" he asked.

"yup. luke even let me borrow his guitar." i said. recently michael has been giving me mini guitar lessons. luke got professional lessons while mikey was self taught. he couldve afforded lessons, but he told his parents he wanted to learn it by himself, it worked out pretty well if you asked me. if anything i think he plays better than luke. or maybe its just the fact that luke only plays bc our parents want him to, when michael actually plays with passion. i asked him what he would want to do for a living even though his family was so rich that they would be set for generations.

"i wanna tour the world someday. even if its just a few people each show" he said.

"that sounds amazing mikey, i wish i had ambition like you."

"what do you mean?" he asked.

"i mean you know what you want to do with your life, you make your own choices. the only things luke and i ever do is just to make our parents happy, i dont even know why." i sighed.

"hey, you just need to figure out what you love doing. once you find out, i promise you'll want to keep doing it forever. you'll start to set goals for yourself, wanting to do more just to improve on what love doing. and when you find it i'll be right here, supporting you all the way." he said. his words were so soothing and calming. the way he spoke was almost angelic. i could only imagine what it sounded like when he sings. i tried to force him to sing many times, but he said he never gave in. i was sad that he wouldnt, but i didnt mind. i understood why. but sometimes i would catch him humming a melody or singing some song. id just be on my way to the kitchen at his house and hear this wonderful sound coming from his room. of course i would try and eavesdrop, but the minute i start moving closer, he would suddenly stop. as if he knew i was approaching. so i would shrug and walk away, thinking about why he was so insecure about his voice.

"helloooo? august are you in there?" luke said as he waved his hand in front of my face. we were at the kitchen, eating dinner at the dining table. we never used it unless we had guests over. i usually just order it up to my room.

"huh?" i said escaping my thoughts.

"mom wants you to show michael his room. its the one across the hall from you."

"oh okay. c'mon mikey" i motioned for him to follow. he followed me up the millions of stairs that lead to our rooms. i asked if we could get a lift installed, but mother said using the stairs was great exercise. i had to wait a couple minutes since mikey fell behind about halfway through. once he got to our floor he was already out of breath.

"how. do. you. climb. these. every. day." he said with a breath between each word. he actually looked paler than usual, which i thought was impossible.

"its not that bad once you get used to it. and besides, this is only the first flight. our rooms are all the way at the top. he lifted his gaze upward and almost passed out at the sight of the amount of stairs.

"you're kidding right?" he said swallowing.

"yeah haha. no one in their right mind would want a room at the top of our house." i said laughing. "although you shouldve seen your face when i said we had to keep going." i said smiling.

"yeah yeah i need to get in shape whatever. just take me to my room before i pass out." he said laughing.

i showed him his room, taught him how to work the shower and how to control the temperature of the room and how to work the tv and all that crap.

"and that concludes our grand tour of casa de clifford." i laughed "so, im gonna let you settle in while i prepare for a movie night." i said as i headed to the door.

"okay, i'll come over in an hour yeah?" he asked.

"yeah that should be enough time." i left him in his room and went over to the media room to set up for the night. i made bunch of popcorn, and ordered all of our favorite candies and drinks. soon michael walked in and smiled at the sight of all the snacks. his hair was slightly damp, guessing that he took a shower. he was wearing a big tshirt and sweatpants. i changed into a big tshirt as well, though i was just wearing knee socks and underwear. "ready for one of our famous movie nights?" i smiled.

"yeah, what are we gonna watch this time?" he asked sitting on the couch next to me.

"well, since you are the guest, i will let you pick whatever movie you want to watch."

"any movie?"

"yup you could just search through and choose one with the highest quality" i explained. after about 15 minutes of searching many different genres of course he ended up picking a horror movie.

"noo mikey im gonna have nightmares" i frowned. he chose insidious 3.

"its not that scary."

"but i havent even seen the first two."

"doesnt matter, it wont be that confusing. its one of those movies you can watch separately even though its a part of a series."

"fine, only bc i love you" i said. for a moment he just looked at me, but then he just shook his head and started playing the movie. i snuggled up next to him bc god knows when those jump scares would pop out. every time one would happen i would just bury my head in his chest and squeeze my eyes shut and cover my ears. id scream once and a while. michael would just put his arm around me and rub my arm and say comforting things like 'shh its okay its just a movie' or 'dont worry im here, mikeys here to protect you' and other things like that. once and a while his grip would tighten on me, i figured it was bc he got a bit scared himself, but soon brushed it off. soon i started to fall asleep. as i was drifting off i felt him kiss the top of my head and whisper 'sweet dreams angel'. it reminded me of when we were little. idk why but id always felt safer when i was in michael's arms.

-

a/n
i actually have this thing where i could watch any movie that was ever made and new movies that are still in theaters for free 😂 its hard to explain what it is but whatever lol its really cool and completely legal ((;