chapter 1

*edited/updated 5/2/15*

As I sit in the waiting room for my interview with Mister Fields, I can't help but wonder what I'm doing here. I have no experience whatsoever. He'll never hire me, he has no reason to. I might as well get up and walk away.

Just like you do with every other problem you have, that little annoying voice in my head reminded me. Before I actually started telling myself off and making myself look like a complete maniac a prim looking lady walked in, complete with a small pair of black glasses balanced on the tip of her nose.

"Miss. . . . Misty, is it? Mr. Fields will like to see you now," she announced looking down at me with soft eyes, her heels clicking as she led me down the hallway towards the boss' office; well, "maybe" boss.

As I followed behind her, I started to think about my new "maybe" boss. Will he be that fat, chubby guy that orders everyone around and that every body hates, or will he be the kind of boss that is considerate and gets along with everybody?

Suddenly the lady leading me stopped in front of a large door with a small gold plaque that read: "Mister Fields' Office."

"Here you are Misty! The boss is waiting for you right through that door," the lady said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Thank you," I replied with a shy smile.

One thing I learned in my few years of working is that if you ever want a job - and have little to no experience significant to that job - you are much more likely to get the job if you smile. Even if they don't hire you, you will still know that it is their loss.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was a large black chair facing a huge window that oversaw the entire city.

I hadn't even been in the office for thirty seconds when I heard: "you got the job."

There was a moment of silence before I finally reacted.

"What?" I paused, thinking that my ears were playing tricks on me.

"I have the job just like that? Are you serious, sir?" I questioned in disbelief, hesitant to believe that he would hand me the job like it was nothing.

He turned around and looked me directly in the eyes. I'm a sucker for blue eyes so I was pretty much glued to my spot and instantly silenced.

"Is there a problem with that?" he asked, lifting one eyebrow and resting his hands on the desk as he swiveled his chair around.

I have a feeling that that is a rhetorical question, so I didn't answer. From the tone of his voice alone I knew that he didn't want me to ask any more questions, but my big, fat mouth just had to open up and ask.

"Don't you think I need some kind of experience to work here?" I could practically feel the heat of his glare when he finally broke the silence.

"I don't believe you need that much experience when you're going to be a personal assistant," he said tilting his head to the side and cracking his neck like someone would crack their knuckles.

I knew I should've argued about the job, I mean, who would trust an old guy that immediately hired you after he saw you? But PA's get paid a lot of money, and I really needed the cash, so I bite my tongue and slowly nod my head.

"Good," he stated, standing up and pushing back his chair before walking around his desk to stand next to me.

"Your bosses will be here any second now."

"Wait, bosses? What do you mean by bosses? I thought you were my boss," I asked, a little confused.

"Actually. . . ." he started.

"I do not need a personal assistant, my son's do," he said a smirk slowly spreading across his face. "They should be here right about -"

He was cut off by the door bursting open by two hunky male models.

"You called dad?" they both said in sync as they walked up to us.

"Now, Misty," he introduced. "Meet your new bosses."