Chapter One: Welcome Back to the World

***Just to let you know now, no. No, I did NOT draw that photo. I'd have to be blessed by God to draw that well!*** XD

Levi's POV

Levi was past being sick of them staring at him.

It was clear why they were, but it was still grating on his nerves.

According to the pale-faced doctors around him, I had died two hours ago. Forty-five minutes ago, he started breathing again. Of course, all he remembered was being blinded by white light. He also remembered a female's scream as he rose from the bed, groggy (like he always was). Now, though, his body was begin scanned, prodded, and pinched to record his reactions, which were mostly him slapping the person who was scanning, prodding, or pinching him.

After what seemed like forever, Levi was finally allowed to return to his room and lay down on the bed, which smelled invitingly of pure bleach. He was worn out, and had almost nodded off, when...

"Oh...my...GOD!"

KNOCK!

The top of Levi's head slammed into the wall, and he bit his lip to keep from cussing.

"Who the...?"

"This is SO AMAZING!" the voice squealed, "Hi! I'm Dr. Zoe, but you can call me Hanji! You're Levi, right? I hope you're Levi. It'd be a shame if I walked in on the wrong patient. HAHAHAHAHA!"

Levi's ears rung as Dr. Zoe's howling became out of control.

"H-Hey...HEY! SHUT UP!"

"Aww", Dr. Zoe cooed, "I'm sorry, lil' Levi!"

"And don't...EVER call me that again."

"Haha! I'm sorry!" Dr. Zoe said, "It's just that I'm so excited!"

"I don't care."

"You have NO idea how uncommon this is. I mean, a dead guy coming back to live? Science fiction in the making! WHOO!"

"HEY!"

"Sorry, sorry."

Levi felt Dr. Zoe's fingers wrap around his right arm, and stiffened up. He knew she was a doctor, but who knew where those hands had been? What if she had touched someone severely sick, or, even worse, another corpse besides his?

"I really should calm down. It's not right to get you excited" Dr. Zoe murmured, "According to the monitor, though, your vitals are just fine. Does anything feel out of place?"

"I have a migraine" Levi mumbled, "Acetaminophen would be nice."

"And I would give that to you, but I can't."

Levi cocked an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"I know you don't need reminding, but you died. The last thing we are going to do is shoot you up with a bunch of drugs, even simple ones like pain relievers."

"You've gotta' be kidding me."

"Oh, don't be such a baby!"

Dr. Zoe gave me a playful smirk and opened up a cabinet a little ways from my bed.

"A cold compress should do you just fine."

A minute later, Levi's headache finally started to subside and he watched as the doctor took a seat by his bed. Levi didn't want to be rude, but he just stared at her until she asked what the problem was.

"I would like to go to sleep."

"Oh, go right ahead!"

"Without you in the room."